Johnny Closes on 1.1 Million Dollar Condo

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Iceman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

2. Bemused101

Bemused101 New Member

I may be alone on this one, but I actually like the plaid look, and Johnny and Susan Sarandon look so cute together. But I don't think the other two outfits flatter him at all. But the boy does like attention, no?

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the content of Johnny's bag :lol:. What could a guy possibly carry in there? An ipad, ipod, & iphone ?

4. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I quite liked the plaid look, though I'm not sure what's going on with the pattern on the collar of the jacket. I actually liked the third look, too -- sort of almost classic but twisted.

5. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Those plus hair gel, eyeliner, condoms and a little bitty micro-dog?

6. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

It was a Lexus with Delaware plates and a Russian flag on the back, odds are it was him.

7. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Yahoo has not been kind to him this week, LOL. :D

8. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The name escapes me but the plaid outfit was created by the designer whose show Johnny was attending that day.

9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That blue furry thing makes him look like he's being swallowed by a Muppet!

10. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

And of course, several mirrors. :p

11. REO

REO New Member

I may be mistaken, but I believe the blue furry was one of a few pieces of his collaboration with the designer. It did match the bag beautifully. :lol:

12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Johnny's creations were a fur hat, a fur scarf and a long silver fur coat.

The New York Daily News named Johnny's skating as one of the highlights of Fashion Week.

13. REO

REO New Member

Oh thanks! I guess I WAS mistaken lol. It was great that some of his stuff was shown at Fashion Week and sweet of the designer to include him. He can get some crazy getups on but my taste runs to the more mundane so I'm not a good judge of what is good fashion as art.

14. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Must. Resist. Obvious. Joke. About. Johnny. And. Baggage.

Ant

15. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

That would be for professional models, no?

I think when shows have "celebrity" guests they either do it as a favour to the designer if they know each other, perhaps in return for some clothes, or it's a mutually beneficial arrangement because Johnny gets attention for the show and the show gets attention for Johnny.

16. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

True, REO, 'tho I can't predict exactly what people will say*, just the tone certain posters tend to take. Agree with boring re the "sniping." Personally, I often can't resist sniping back with my point of view. It becomes contagious. BTW, JW needs no defending from me of any kind, certainly not to the death. I may write lengthy theses, but it’s not in “defense” of Johnny, just more that I’m expressing what I think, and I’ve thought a lot about the issues surrounding Johnny, and of course, I’ve followed his career for many years. Maybe I have too much to say, but I don’t think I’m an expert, nor that everyone must agree with me. Most of Johnny’s “uber” fans I doubt come here that often, or if they do, (excepting moi) they don’t seem to bother interacting too much in Johnny threads. Definitely the snarking and replies to snarking do get old and tiresome, but then there are the occasional refreshingly funny takes too. Not to mention the entertaining posts by those who seem to live inside Johnny’s head, and amazingly know what his future holds.

My votes for thread winners:
    Tinami Amori #32, Matryeshka #136, skatingfan5 #137, Southpaw #367

Thread losers -- too many to count (yes, some of mine included).

I thought the plaid outfits were loud, but cute – very Mondo-inspired. Susan Sarandon … a great actress – didn’t realize she was that petite. The rest of the outfits … well, Johnny’s one-of-a-kind. I’m not a huge fashionista, but I think most designer fashion is supposed to be over-the-top for the runway or for glamorous celeb events. Did anyone see Nicki Minaj’s outfit at the Grammys?

*OTOH, a few posters do have a predictable continuing refrain: "I don't like him anymore. He doesn't interest me. Hate his recent transitionless programs ... blah, blah."

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  17. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Wonder if Johnny will ever become a member of the Hairclub for Men.:lol:

18. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

^ Some are cursed to live without their hair while others are cursed to live with it.

19. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl:

20. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

More Johnny news:

Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos To Produce Second Season Of 'Be Good Johnny Weir'

21. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Thanks. I guess that the big news here is this Spectacular ice show. I am guessing that this will be a Las Vegas type show -- one venue for a long run -- rather than a tour across the US? Or maybe a tour to Japan, Europe and one or two 'progressive' cities in the US? I'd love to see it but won't pump myself too much, then be let down if it doesn't happen.

22. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

There doesn't seem to be any info at all about it on the Web, apart from the announcement about the producers.

23. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of JW's usual hot air BUT with large ticket productions, the producers sorta should come first. So this may be more substance than air. If he gets his financing in order then he actually has a shot at realizing a show. With producers in place the question (and it will not be resolved in public) is whether the amount of money they can raise from investors (the producers are not usually the only investors especially when large amounts are involved) and the budget for what he envisions fall into the same financial neighborhood. They have to work that out. So it's financial steps first and that's the way to go.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I wonder what happened to the two guys who filmed and produced season one?

25. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

From the article linked above:
    Looks like Barba and Pellerito are still involved in season 2 of BGJW.

26. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

After the Olympics he was talking about wanting to do a show spectacular at Madison Square Garden. It sounded like it was aimed at the tweens and teens. Lady Gaga, guys hanging from the ceiling, etc.

27. REO

REO New Member

I don't think he was targeting a specific demographic. He also mentioned Elton and Cirque du Soliel (sp?) I think the idea was just that it not be a straight skating show. Those aren't selling all that many tickets so he wanted a more universal appeal. Of course what appeals to Johnny doesn't appeal to everyone. lol I guess we'll see. He should try for Justin Bieber. The latest issue of Rolling Stone said he skates. That would pack in the teenies!

28. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

It doesn't sound like a tween show at all to me. Fans of Lady Gaga? People who like Cirque Du Soleil? We're talking the 18 and up crowd.

You really need to get out more, mmscfdscu.

HisWeirness and (deleted member) like this.
  29. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Hey, my tweener loves Lady Gaga (and Johnny's Poker Face).

(But I actually agree with you that tweeners are not Johnny's target audience. :lol:)

30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Of course he does - he's Canadian! :lol: