Job Interview Advice

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by zigzig, Jan 18, 2013.

1. zigzig

zigzig Member

I went to an interview on Monday and have a habit of following up with a handrwitten note the next day. So on Tuesday I went to the front desk and gave the receptionist a note asking her to pass along to the manager. She seemed preoccupied and kind of nodded and tossed the note aside, and I fear she never actually had it sent over (to complicate things the manager is in a different building than the one that has the reception area).

It's a job I really want that I've been stressing over so I'm probably just paranoid. Is there any graceful way to see if the manager received the note via email or should I just have faith that it was sent over? All my communication throughout the interview process has been with HR so I don't want to randomly email the manager out of the blue.

Or since it's been almost a week since the interview and I haven't heard back, should I just assume they found someone else and stop worrying? I realize this is trivial but I've been dying for this job and have let the OCD take over. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I usually mail my letters directly to the person who interviewed me. Perhaps you could send a brief note that way?

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

I just went through a major job hunt this past summer - I sent each administrator an e-mail. At least I knew that it was sent/delivered to the right person and got confirmation that it was received.

4. Aimless

Aimless New Member

I don't see what there is to lose by emailing and it might help, especially if you're really interested. You could say something like "I really enjoyed meeting you and hearing about this opportunity. I hope you received the note I dropped off the other day. I wanted to add that I'm interested enough in this job that I would place other offers on hold until you've made a decision. I look forward to hearing from you."

5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

^ What aimless says, and do it before 10 local time on Monday, before the hiring manager starts making calls for the next round.