Joan Rivers on Jennifer Aniston, "She Bores Me, Her Movies are Stupid."

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

"I don't know how they get financed."

Joan can be cruel, but I am kind of agreeing with her on this one. Jennifer has always struck me as being rather one-note in terms of performances. And so much of her fame comes from being the scorned ex of Brad Pitt. But lately, she's been catching hell. First Joan Collins trashes her looks, and Joan Rivers hates her movies.

Note to Jen: Stay away from women named Joan :EVILLE:.

Discuss.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I've always thought Jen was lucky that she isn't folding long and leans at the Gap for a living. No offense to Gap workers. She is too dull to really dislike properly.

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:lol: mlp, I knew you'd sum it up.

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I hated Friends, but somehow I really like Jennifer Anniston. Maybe because she does look like some normal chick.

And even though her movies aren't exciting or particularly memorable, they aren't as awful as those of, say, Katherine Heigl.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

She seems to have been banned to rom-com hell. She and Heigl poke at each other's butts with their pitchforks.

6. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I've always been surprised at the number of roles Jennifer still gets, cause imo, she's made more stinkers than anyone.

I have to say though, I have a soft spot for her cause I love Rachel Green, and I really really dislike Brad Pitt.

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Plus, Jennifer looks amazing at 42, while Angelina, at 35, looks closer to 50 these days. Looking good is the best revenge! :p

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Like her or not, she's laughing all the way to the bank! Although I have to wonder what makes the tabloids and tabloid readers so obsessed with her well being...:lol:

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Agree. In some ways, I wonder if consciously or unconsciously she has chosen to go the lighthearted route, rather than forcing comparisons to the global do-gooder Oscar winner Angelina. She's also constantly having to tell interviewers that she is indeed happy, so maybe that's why the choice of making comedies too.

Plus, her greatest success was in comedy - by the end of Friends she really had developed her craft I thought - so why not stick with it? I did think she was quite good in the Good Girl and would like to see more understated, indie type roles like that, but I can also see why she would choose otherwise.

10. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how sick to death she must be about the Brad Pitt thing and the Jolie comparisons.

11. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Well, having a husband and children tends to mature a woman. Jen doesn't have to worry about such things. :EVILLE:

But, seriously, re: Jen's looks = Amen! In her latest treacly rom-com, which my guy forced me to see with him a few days ago, Jen must strip down to her bikini in the same frame with another bikini-clad woman -- Reining Swimsuit Queen of the World TM, 24 year-old Brooklyn Decker ...

... and even with that unmatched competition :kickass: Jen still looks :eek: amazing.

Back to Angie -- loves me some Angelina, and still agree that she does look much older than her years. OTOH, she's still top five in the world for :glamor: in my book ... looking 50 doesn't have to bamboozle looking gorgeous. :)

flutzilla1, MINAM, KatieC and 3 others like this.
  12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I think that's the shtick or persona she and/or her publicists have decided will sell. Or will resonate with the people who like her movies. Yeah, she's single, yeah, she doesn't have any kids, but she's happy doing her work and keeping fit and hanging with her friends.

I laughed quite hard at her recent cover story in PEOPLE which was all "Ooh, Jen opens up with some girl talk" and went on about how Jen is just a regular girl who invited the reporter to lounge on the couch with her and have some kind of 'tinis while they talked. Um, Jen and her publicist probably had the "regular girl" thing planned to the nth detail, and even if Jen was '"opening up" while drinking 'tinis, the publicist was probably poised just out of reach, ready to lunge at the reporter and drag them away if they asked anything that wasn't a softball question :lol:

13. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

She's type cast for sure. I am bored with her movies, but I like her ok as a person from what I've read in interviews.

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

She can't be too sick to death of them; they are in almost every interview she does. If she's sick of them, she's got enough clout to ban those types of questions from any interview.

15. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Her movies don't do all that well at the box office. Never understood the fascination with Jen. Agree with Joan.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I don't have anything against Jen, but she's just sort of there for me. Milquetoast. Then again, Joan does nothing for me - I don't find Joan's jokes funny at all... and her appearance with Melisaa on Celebrity Apprentice a year or two ago was all kinds of :blah: :yawn: and :rolleyes:

17. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I've actually had my fill of Brangelina, but Jennifer gets on my nerves mainly because she talks about the same shite in every interview. And her movies are kind of mediocre.

I like Joan Rivers most of the time. I found the recent documentary about her very interesting. Her plastic surgery is scary as hell, but she makes me laugh about 95% of the time.

18. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Yeah, reading one of Jen's interviews is good bedtime reading, a great soporific :yawn:

19. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Joan Rivers can be completely heartless, no doubt about it. Anyone who has seen her on Fashion Police (or anywhere) can attest to that. But I have to agree with her on this one. I have been trying to figure out what's so special about Jen Aniston since the conception of Rachel Greene and I am still spinning my wheels.

20. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I like Jen, but she never reinvents herself. Even her hair has been the same for about 15 years.

She was so great in The Good Girl. too bad she hasn't expanded on it.

21. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Good point. Let me rephrase:

I am sick to death of the Brad Pitt thing and the Jolie comparisons. :lol:

22. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

She's the good girl who lost the guy to the bad girl. (Yeah, Angie, despite all that do-gooding and children-adopting, you're the bad girl.) I'm too young to remember :p but I'll bet Debbie Reynolds got the same good-girl bump when her husband left her for Liz Taylor.

23. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Friends With Money was also a decent movie, even though she was pretty much playing herself. She needs to take an artistic risk. And get off The Widow Pitt schtick.

:lol: Good thing you cleared that up - cause Jen will NEVAH get tired of it. She'll be talking about it at the old folks' home.

See, I can't stand Debbie Reynolds either, mainly 'cause her acting stinks. And her persona gets on my nerves. She's another June Allyson for me.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Brad Pitt is dead to me until he takes a bath and gets a good shave.

algonquin and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I guess there's a reason his last name is "Pitt" :slinkaway.
    He uses baby wipes to clean his underarms...he said so.

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Speaking of boring interviews - I read her autobiography. What a shallow, ditzy, self centred, mindless idiot. I only got through it for the rest of the Hollywood history and dish.

27. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I mentioned in Cyn's 31 Days of Oscar thread (and others,, I am sure) how much I despise June Allyson. Could she have been more annoying?

I don't know, it DEPENDS :EVILLE:.

28. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. She just doesn't stir any emotions in me whatsoever to like or hate her.

How many stinkers will she make? Why is she still considered Hollywood Royalty?

29. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member

I seem to remember Brad having a rep for hideous BO.

30. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Him and Matthew McConaghey. :scream:
    Lenny Kravitz and Robert Pattinson as well....
    It's a very justifiable dealbreaker.
    I can't believe Angelina puts up with that.

But their BO can't stink as much as Jennifer's recent movies :lol:.