Joan Rivers has died (UPDATED)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Vash01, Aug 28, 2014.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Those who wished her dead did go overboard, no matter what she said. She is not ISIS. Anyway, looks like you will soon have your wish. Peace and love.

2. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

According to ABC News; Joan Rivers is in a medically-induced coma.
    Doctors say her recovery depends on how long she was without oxygen after the cardiac arrest.

Melissa Rivers has thanked everyone for their prayers and support; and asked that they continue.

3. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Well luckily, nobody here has said that.

4. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

The ending of the article was interesting:

skateboy and skatesindreams like this.
  5. puglover

puglover Active Member

I recall during a very difficult time in our lives someone gave us a book by Joan River. I believe it was called "Bouncing Back - I've survived Everything and You Can Too". Our expectations were low but it was one of the very best books on that heavy a topic I had ever read. She was much deeper then I would have predicted and many of her comments we found to be quite helpful.

Coco, leesaleesa, AxelAnnie and 2 others like this.
  6. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

It's just not a good sign to me that she is in the medically induced coma, I know they put here there, but if there was a need then I am concerned. I am quite sure that they are all hoping she won't come out of it damaged.

7. skatesindreams

She is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Barnard College; aside from the wisdom gained through her life experience.
    I don't find it at all surprising that her book was helpful to you.

IceAlisa likes this.
  8. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

Joan Rivers entered stand up comedy at a time when it was almost exclusively male dominated. She had to be tough to make it. IMO, she never slung a barb that she wouldn't use on herself. I don't recall her making excuses for her behavior. I'm not surprised that her book was insightful, either. She's extremely intelligent, and has been through the wringer in life and not just survived, she thrived. It doesn't sound good for her, but if anyone can pull through, it's Joan Rivers. It's too soon for her-She was still very healthy and vigorous. I hope she has more jokes to tell. My weekend treat as a kid was going to my aunt's house and being allowed to watch the tonight show when she was hosting. I thought she was surely the most beautiful and funny woman in the world.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

CantALoop, PeterG and skatesindreams like this.
  10. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I did like Courtney Love's message.

skatesindreams likes this.
  11. puglover

puglover Active Member

Wow - no insult meant here! I knew Joan Rivers as a comedian and so I expected a humorous book, which was not the state of mind we were in at the time. I saw a side of Joan I had not previously experienced and it changed my opinion of her going forward.

12. skatesindreams

puglover, no insult to you intended.
    I simply thought you would be interested to know.

13. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Drudge is reporting that she is on life support and that the family will have to decide whether to take her off in a couple of days.

Man this is really hitting me really hard. I don't think I realized how much I admired her. One tough broad. And a straight shooter. Always seemed unyielding and true to herself.

14. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

What a shame. I really know almost nothng about Joan Rivers, but her unflinchng support for Israel in the face of so much media bias impressed me a lot. She will certainly be missed by Israel and its friends.

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Joan needs to come back to us just to comment on this thing here. You KNOW she'd have something to say about that.

PrincessLeppard likes this.
  17. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Joan did comment on that horrible dress - on the E! show the day after the Emmys. The dress was not liked, but it did not earn as much hate as I thought it would. It was not voted worst dressed.

IceAlisa likes this.
  18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am afraid to ask who the worst dressed was.

19. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Well they did the Emmys and VMAs on Fashion Police and I think Amber Rose got the worst dressed with that chain thing. I was surprised that they didn't mentioned Lena's dress on Fashion Police. I was eagerly waiting to see them analyse it.

That is shocking news that she is in such a serious condition.

IceAlisa likes this.
  20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Oh yeah, the chain thing. :scream:

21. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

If you have Netflix, I highly reccomend the documentary on Joan.

HisWeirness and AxelAnnie like this.
  22. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

LOL! Before I clicked I was sure it was Amber Rose (who I don't even know about) in that chain thingy. This is even worse.

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am torn. They are both horrifying, each in its own way.

leesaleesa likes this.
  24. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Unless he is reporting all of this with the express and freely given consent of Melissa Rivers, this is a new low.

25. skatesindreams

Unfortunately, this is being reported by other sources, also.

AxelAnnie likes this.
  26. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I've read something similar to that in regards to other people in the past. I didn't take it as overly offensive...

27. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

28. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I really thought this would be no big deal after the initial reports said she was stable. I always think that stable means someone is conscious and alert but that really isn't what it means at all. If she is really on life support and has been for this long, then it doesn't seem too likely that she will pull through.

29. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Yes. One would think stable meant ok. It seems that somewhere in there, after they put her in the coma, she took a turn for the worse and they put her on life support. So sad.

30. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

She's not my cup of tea, but I certainly hope she can pull through this. Doesn't sound good, though :(

Not a good year to be a comedian. Tracy Morgan is really struggling after his accident. His friend died, and then Robin Williams, of course. Very sad...

tarotx likes this.