1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

JK Rowling's Pottermore

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FigureSpins, Aug 6, 2011.

1. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

I think it only asks for a preference between two if your answers result in a tie (or close result) -between 2 houses. I wasn't given a choice. my daughter was- (Hufflepuff or Gryffindor- she picked Gryffindor)

2. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Rain City Bitch Pigeon

Probably a dumb question, but do you have to be online at the same time to duel?

3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

That's because he stuck to, "We are great" and left out the "Why everyone else sucks" snark.

I wonder if anyone was asked to choose between Slytherin and Hufflepuff.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  4. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I think I need to practice a bit more before I duel you anymore... :p My self-esteem is taking a beating. But at least I did get that one win in.

Nope. It shows up in your notifications next time you log in.

5. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

No, so feel free to challenge me to a duel anytime :D
    It's kinda fun, innit :rollin:?

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado

Pottermore is weird on my iPhone. Keeps kicking me off and asking to sign back in. I better wait until I have computer access. I did friend everyone who requested though. :)

7. galaxygirl

So I don't have to worry about everybody being in bed when I want to duel. Excellent. :) I've already had somebody challenge me to a duel, I'll accept the challenge tonight. :)

8. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I'm up for dueling if you want to (PumpkinNewt5946)...I kinda suck at it right now!:lol: I think I've won one out of close to 10-15 duels so far:slinkaway. I need to practice a bit...but it's still fun!

I want to win a few to give Hufflepuff some points. We're in last place...:(

I have literally been on this site all day long! It's going to be really difficult to get stuff done now! All I'll want to do is making potions and get my butt kicked at dueling all day! :rollin:

I stopped at the end of Chapter 10. From what I understand only the first book is available at this time so I figure I better not rush through it in one day...probably by the end of the week though. ;)

9. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I like how the Slytherin welcome letter offers you some consolation by informing you that Merlin, in fact, was a Slytherin.

The irony is that if you genuinely find this to be a plus, you probably belong in Slytherin.

10. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

Ravenclaw. Drat I knew I should have chosen the left and dusk and probably that stupid drum. Oh, well. I'm unsuccessfully trying to make that potion. Dropping those snake fangs just right is a PITA and I don't know where my wand is to wave around. I'll probably spend the rest of the night until I figure it out.

11. galaxygirl

I choose the left but I don't remember the dusk or the drum. Can you remind me of the other choices?

Your wand is on the right side of the table, behind your ingredients. Just click on it and it'll wave by itself.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  12. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Dawn and Dusk.

I don't remember a drum...

13. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

I just blew up my cauldron. :lol: I did pretty well with the boil cure, so I tried the awakening potion. I couldn't keep the bottle of dried billywig stings upright and I spilled the whoooolllle thing all over the counter. Now I'm out a cauldron and 5 house points. uuhhh.... sorry Slytherin!!

14. galaxygirl

Thanks. I chose dawn, then. I'm not sure why since I'm not a big fan of mornings. Probably becaue it means the potential arrival of the sun and I'm about sick to death of clouds. :mad:

15. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

I don't remember a dawn and dusk, but I did have a moon or stars. I chose stars.. the moon is just right there, how boring. :lol:

16. jobelle

jobelle Member

same thing happened to me with trying to keep the bottle upright. I think that if you grab it at the top you can control it a little bit better.

17. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I'm a Gryffindor, which surprised me, as I consider myself to not be terribly brave at all. It was the least likely house, I thought, before at least :p

DawnGold8325, by the way :)

18. galaxygirl

That's exactly why I chose stars too. :lol:

19. IceAlisa

OK, how long till I get my wand and get sorted?

20. jobelle

jobelle Member

It follows the pace of the story so once Harry goes to Diagon Alley and gets his wand, then you will too. The same for the Sorting Ceremony.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  21. IceAlisa

Thanks! Got my wand: ELM WITH PHOENIX FEATHER CORE, ELEVEN INCHES, UNYIELDING

Sounds awfully close to Voldemort's (although I think his was yew). I think I am headed for Slytherin. :drama:

22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

There are only three choices for cores -- phoenix, unicorn, and I can't remember the third -- but the description for elm is lovely:

23. agalisgv

Are any of these people from here?

CrimsonMist71
    FireboltJinx25377
    StarRiver31216

Thanks!

24. IceAlisa

Wooohoooooooooo! I got Ravenclaw, the house I've always particularly admired. :) Also, "stunning views" from the Common Room.

25. mkats

mkats Well-Known Member

CRAP!

"Sorry, you failed to keep the temperature within range. You will need to buy another cauldron from Diagon Alley. Your cauldron has been removed from your Potions collection and you have also lost 5 house points."

:eek:

Also, is AsphodelMugwump61 an FSUer? I'm still working on inputting nicknames so hopefully I can keep track of who's who.

26. IceAlisa

Yes, AsphodelMugwump61 is one of us! :) ChelleC and fellow Ravenclaw.

27. agalisgv

How about MarauderAvis23020?

28. IceAlisa

I have now confirmed all my Pottermore friends as FSUers. I am going to request some more. :)

Again, I am MidnightGlow21201 with a black cat avatar (I thought a black cat would go with my handle and I picked MidnightGlow because it was the easiest number combo to remember :shuffle:)

29. mkats

mkats Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks IA! Was wondering where you were yesterday when this thread first really kicked off! :)

30. IceAlisa

Lurking. :sekret: I had registered way back then but forgot my username. So now here I am. This is so much fun!