JK Rowling's Pottermore

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FigureSpins, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

WillowShadow19451, yet to be sorted since I've only just arrived at Diagon Alley. Will see what my wand is! :)

2. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I'm WolfSky27882. It just let me in. Until now, it kept telling me I was registered and had activated the account, but was not permitted to begin.

I'm Gryffindor and my wand is ebony, 12 3/4 in, dragon core, unbending.

And I'm also going to waste an incredible amount of time on that site. I cracked up reading McGonagall's lifelong desire.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  3. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

RiverKnight947

Redwood with phoenix feather core, 10 3/4, unyielding. Weird, because the wood description and I have nothing in common. (I thought the Wand Woods chapter was fascinating.)

Slytherin. The only reason I would ever pass Potions is because Snape is protector of Slytherin.

Was it standard to ask for preference between two as the last question?

4. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

So i'm trying to brew the cure for boils potion and all is going well until the wave your wand step.....anyone? How do you wave your wand?

5. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Loved McGonagall's backstory.

6. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

Awesome! I wish I'd checked back here yesterday, then I'd be able to add you all as friends. I didn't get back on the site once I got home yesterday, but I'll be on all day today (while I'm supposed to be working!). I can get on the site but our internet restrictions don't seem to allow me to search for friends, so I'll try to do it from my phone. If I can't, I'll add everyone when I get home.

I can't wait to get to the potions and spells and everything! I'm off to play!

-PumpkinNewt5946

7. nerdycool

nerdycool Well-Known Member

I was sorted into Slytherin, which surprised the heck out of me. I thought for sure I'd be Hufflepuff. Anyway, I haven't been able to spend too much time on it yet, but it sounds fun!

My wand is ebony with a dragon core, 12 1/2 inches long, quite flexible.

I'm WizardUnicorn12578

8. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

If you click on the wand, it should rise up and wave over the cauldron.

9. antmanb

I can't actually see the wand :shuffle:

10. antmanb

I found it! I thought it was just the grain of the table the ingredients were sat on!

11. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

WalnutWillow30758, I'm in Hufflepuff
    My wand is 10 3/4 in Black Walnut with a Unicorn core, and it's Unyielding

I've completed the first book and discovered that I suck at dueling, but I can make passable potions :)

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Is there an iPhone app for Pottermore?

13. antmanb

Given that the website is all flash I doubt an iphone app would work without using something completely different for the app than for the website.

14. kwanatic

Just got my wand! :D

Sycamore with phoenix feather core, 14.5 inches, surprisingly swishy!:rollin:

15. kwanatic

I don't think there's an app but I'm running it in Safari on my 4S and everything is working fine...

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  16. antmanb

That's good to know!

I'm getting increasingly frustrated with potion making!! It keeps telling my i'm putting the wrong amount of ingredients for one potion but i'm getting the right count when i put in the ingredient! Are the ingredients really sabotaged :rofl:

17. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

It keeps telling me I'm doing things in the wrong order. I don't know what I'm doing wrong though.

I'm pretty good at dueling though (finally figured that out).

18. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

:cheer2: I finally had a moment to sign-up and start playing!

CentaurRune2549
    Ravenclaw
    Wand: Hawthorn, Phoenix Feather, 12 1/4 in., Brittle

19. CynicElle

Potions were super-glitchy for me yesterday -- I was having the same problem and had to restart one about four times. At least I didn't blow up my cauldron!

20. kwanatic

OMG, I've been on this site ALL DAY! :)

I'm a Hufflepuff! I have to admit, when I saw I was sorted into Hufflepuff I was a little disappointed. Naturally, most people want to be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw (a few, like my cousin, want to be in Slytherin), so I wasn't as happy to get Hufflepuff.

BUT...I read the welcome message, supposedly written by the Hufflepuff prefect but obviously taken from Rowling and I have to say, now I'm PROUD to be a Hufflepuff! :D I really like the description (trustworthy, loyal but don't step to us 'cause we'll kick your butt if we have to!). I love how Rowling dispels the myth about Hufflepuffs being the run-of-the-mill kind of people; she says Hufflepuffs are every bit as successful and smart as Ravenclaw or Gryffindor...only thing is Hufflepuffs don't boast or brag so you don't realize it as much.

More than that, I love that Rowling gives directions of where the common room is and how to get in, plus a description of what it looks like. In the books, the only common room that Harry doesn't end up seeing is Hufflepuff; they know that it's down by the kitchens but they never see it, so that was a treat to know what the room looks like.

This is so much fun! I'm having a hard time doing anything else today...

21. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

The Slytherin Welcome Letter is :rolleyes:, :lol:

22. kwanatic

I'm so curious! What does it say? :D

23. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

24. agalisgv

Wow, I didn't realize the other houses had such extensive welcomes. Gryffindor's is rather terse :shuffle:

25. CynicElle

Yeah, Gryffindor got ripped off as far as welcome letters go.

26. wickedwitch

wickedwitch Well-Known Member

Meh. Gryffindors got 7 books worth of welcome letters.

27. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

GhostQuill12875 is my username, and I've just started exploring the site. It's so much fun! So much for work productivity! LOL! ETA: My wand is "CHESTNUT WITH UNICORN CORE, NINE AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, UNYIELDING" and I am in Slytherin too. A little dissapointed at that... :(

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  28. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

29. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

Anyone else find the site very slow? I asked for a password re-set over an hour ago and I am still waiting for the email.

30. agalisgv

^^^ Sometimes it can be quite awhile before they send out an email.

Anyone wanna duel :saint:?