JK Rowling's Pottermore

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by FigureSpins, Aug 6, 2011.

1. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Maybe we can practice dueling sometime together :biggrinbo :biggrinbo :biggrinbo

So, am I wrong that we cannot really pm each other over there? Bit of a bummer :(

2. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too! Have you tried brewing potions? I am awful at that, it's really complicated.

Hah, but you can send gifts!

3. mkats

mkats New Member

Oh my gosh, I tried brewing the same cure for boils FOUR times yesterday and failed each time. :eek: I am so glad I wasn't in Snape's class, I'm sure I'd've been sentenced to scrubbing out cauldrons in detention for all of first year.

I'm ProphecyDawn3556. Anyone else amused by the fact that there are spare galleons everywhere?? I wish people lost money like that in real life :lol:

4. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

I totally blew a few hours on pottermore yesterday - I didn't realize sorting and wand assignment is done in the context of the book (not right away). :p So I tore through the first several chapters until I got that done. I'll go back and actually read all that material later. :D

Chestnut with dragon core, 11 1/2, Hufflepuff. Don't mind the house, but the house colours are killing me - bumblebee yellow, not my most flattering. :glamor:

And when I was logged in yesterday, our house points never seemed to go any higher than a certain number, in fact I noticed losing points, so we're always dead last for the house cup. Am I right in thinking all those lost points are when people do the non-practice spells and potions?
    pumpkinash13301

5. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

It won't even let me get to that chapter, everything is locked past "Arriving at Diagon Alley". I guess I haven't collected all of the items I'm supposed to. I have 5 things in my trunk so far, so now I have to scour all the pages again in case I've missed stuff!

6. agalisgv

So, at Diagon Alley, you pick up the parchment laying on the road that has the list of stuff you need to buy. After that, zoom in to the scene in the middle of the road at the very end of the road. That's Gringotts. Zoom in twice on that, then you can go in. Once you do, you'll see a mini screen with a key and chest. Drag the key to the chest, and you'll be awarded galleons :)

7. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Have you got your shopping list? I think you had to pick it up before you could proceed.

8. agalisgv

I haven't gotten that far :shuffle:

PML that I lost the duel before starting it :rofl:

9. mkats

mkats New Member

SeekerSky1411, are you an FSU user? :p

10. brina

brina Well-Known Member

I have been spending WAY too much time on this today...

A couple of tips.. the best point-getter hex is petrificus totalus. Also, when you are brewing, you can add items while heating the cauldron (a great time saver since brewing has a time limit).

11. mkats

mkats New Member

Ugh, figured out my mistake with cure for boils. THAT's the porcupine quills? I thought they were, I dunno, spare wands :shuffle: so I was actually throwing in handfuls of whatever the green stuff on the far right is.

I'm a pretty decent cook in real life, I swear!

12. Sarah

Sarah Active Member

I'm QuillDream30146

13. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

I finished the first book. :( I didn't realize they didn't have the other ones up yet!

14. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help everyone! My wand is a redwood with unicorn core, 12 1/4 inches, quite bendy.

15. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

I counted up the number of FSUers whose house I could determine and here are the results:

5: Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw
    4: Slytherin
    3: Gryffindor, None or Undetermined

16. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

I can't believe I got put into Slytherin! That's the one house I never imagined myself in! I have nooo ambition whatsoever, and the very thought of competition makes me feel queasy. But I guess I'd just wait for the rest of my housemates to kill each other/be sent to Azkaban, then I'd sneak in and take over the whole thing. :lol:

17. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

EyeFloo18046

I just finished getting my wand and haven't made it to Hogwarts yet so I'm not sorted, but my wand has a phoenix feather core. I prefer to think it was one of Fawkes. :D

I already know I probably shouldn't go on the site while at work. :shuffle: This is going to eat up a lot of my time. :)

18. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

AsphodelMugwump61 and I'm a Ravenclaw :encore:

Oh, and my wand is 10 3/4 inches, elder with with a unicorn core.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  19. agalisgv

Interesting that Gryffindor appears to be the smallest house represented here.

20. galaxygirl

galaxygirl Ma name's Beckeh

Yeah. I'm not surprised about Ravenclaw (now) being in the lead, though.

21. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Me either.

I just sent friend requests to everyone whose user name I could find in this thread.

22. jobelle

jobelle Member

Just out of curiosity I went and created a second account and went through all the questions again ... trying to answer as honestly as possible like I had the first time. This time I ended up in Gryffindor (which actually surprises me more than Hufflepuff :lol:).

My name (my original one ... in Hufflepuff) is: VineFrog819

23. agalisgv

I'm glad we can put nicknames onto friends--otherwise I wouldn't be able to keep track of who y'all were :shuffle:

I'm SeekerSky1411 btw.

And thanks for those who sent gifts :). Too bad we can't send galleons as gifts :D

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Shoot. I know I've registered but cannot remember my username. :wall:

25. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

You can always get a new one. You can register more than once with the same e-mail.

26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Thanks! :)

ETA: I am now MidnightGlow21201.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  27. agalisgv

Just curious, but does anyone know if you give a gift, do you lose house points? I didn't bother to check, so just wondered.

28. Amy L

Amy L Well-Known Member

What's the trick for doing the spells? I figured out that you have to double-click the first letter, but I can't get it to work after that...

29. agalisgv

Click on the first letter, then click again as the circle around it gets bigger. Then click on the second letter as the ray approaches it, and click on it again is the circle around it gets bigger. Click on the third letter, then click on it again as the circle around it gets bigger, etc.

30. Marge_Simpson

Marge_Simpson Well-Known Member

I'm FeatherYew23763