Jim Kelly (Ex-Buffalo Bills QB)- an inspiring story

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Vash01, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I have always known about Jim Kelly's 4 straight superbowl losses, and his recent cancer. What I didn't know was what other misfortunes (much worse than the SB losses) he had to face in his life, and how bravely he is handling those. Here is his story on espn. It is worth a read. It tells me to stop complaining about little things.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...rback-jim-kelly-patiently-endures-cancer-loss
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, Jim Kelly's cancer has returned, is very aggressive, and is spreading. :( He is currently in NYC and will have surgery. I hope he is able to beat this. And today, Ralph Wilson died. Jim Kelly has been interested in buying the Bills for years.
  3. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Yes, I read this morning that Kelly is scheduled for surgery this Thurs. According to his wife, his cancer has returned and has spread. I hope they can save him, although it's not sounding very good. I don't know much about oral cancer survival rate. Jim is a fighter with a positive attitude. I hope that will work in his favor.
  4. Yehudi

Yehudi Well-Known Member