Jim and Jenny Done

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by skipaway, Apr 7, 2010.

1. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Jim Carrey and Jenny McCarthy are ending their 5 year relationship. Too bad, I liked both of them....maybe not their movies...but them.

Jim and Jenny
  2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

3. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I thought they were such a great couple and always seemed so supportive of each other and in love. Especially how he was with her son and how excited she seemed when she sort of became a grandma. Sad news, but hopefully they are both happy.
  4. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Do you think he'll start being ok with vaccination again?
  5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I'm kind of surprised at this because they seemed pretty happy to be involved with each other and each other's interests (e.g. Carrey was at a lot of rallies and other events for McCarthy's autism campaign).

OTOH living with someone as, er, manic and driven as Carrey (and I've heard that he's like that in real life, not just in movies and shows) can't be a picnic, and maybe McCarthy had just had enough after that many years.
  6. Angelskates

Angelskates Active Member

overedge, it's interesting that you think Carrey is manic and driven - I think Jenny comes across as crazy, to the point of obsession. In my mind, she's equal to a leader of a cult with all the rubbish she spews - and she is very driven herself - she a has quite the following.

I hope he finds someone more stable, because Jenny doesn't come across as mentally stable at all to me. Maybe Carrey's had enough after that many years. 'Bout time.
  7. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

FWIW, I have a friend whose aunt dated Jim Carey before he was famous and she broke up with him because of his extreme mood swings and eratic behavior.
  8. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

My brother read Jim Carrey's autobiography years ago and if I remember correctly he fully admits that he's hard to live with. I agree though that Jenny always seemed crazy to me too, which is why I always thought they were a match made in heaven :lol:
  9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I think they're both batshit crazy.
  10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Now there's a voice of reason. :p
    Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  11. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

:lol: You are probably right!
  12. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

So I've been told :p! On both counts!!
  13. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

A few years ago, he spoke about suffering from depression. That can make relationships difficult if he's not treating it.
  14. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Good point. I do think he is manic and driven, but that doesn't mean she couldn't be too.