Jessica Dube and Bryce Davidson

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Jan 18, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

What are they doing these days? As I haven't seem themcompete. Did the Retire after Jessica fell that day on the ice after she was slashed by Bryce's Blade?

2. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

lol, Oh dear...

No, they didn't retire after the cheek incident. They continued to skate, won a worlds bronze medal in 2008, and skated at the Olympics in Vancouver. Bryce got injured after the Olympics season, and a season later Jessica split with him and skated single. She then teamed up with Sebastian Wolfe this past off season, and they're skating together now. We'll see them at the Canadian Nationals in a couple of days. They're very likely going to place 4th, but they do have a chance to win the bronze medal. They're actually a really good and promising couple. Bryce is now doing some coaching is isn't likely to compete again.

3. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

So does that mean we won't see Jessica and him together this year?

4. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

If by him you mean Bryce, then yes you won't see them together.

5. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

LOL,yes Bryce. Is Jessica getting another Partner?

6. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

This guy FSWer. Sebastien Wolfe.

7. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Jessica is competing at the 2012 Canadian Nationals with her new partner Sebastien Wolfe this week. Bryce is also at Canadian Nationals but as a coach for some younger pairs teams.

Bryce's injury was due to a previously undiagnosed bone condition and the surgery and rehabilitation took a long time. He is unlikely to skate competitively again but seems to be enjoying coaching.

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

9. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Lutzcy

Lutzcy Active Member

delete

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  11. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

Well it's not as if Dube and Davison were setting the pairs world on fire. They(Dube) mailed in one performance too many. Blink and you'd miss them. No comment on Dube and Wolfe. :p

I do however, miss Bryce. :( Thanks for the update Sylvia!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  12. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

13. fsfan22

fsfan22 Member

Also important to note that Jessica will be skating in the Senior Ladies competition at Canadian Nationals this week, in addition to Senior Pairs.

14. lavenderblue

lavenderblue Active Member

She's been removed from the Senior Ladies roster, actually.

15. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

And apparently in time for a replacement skater, namely Christina Yan CO who is now listed in her exact place in the order of skate. Guess it was too late to reshuffle? Surely she has the least qualifications of all and shouldn't be skating 9th? Or am I wrong?

16. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

really?? I'm disappointed! I really like to watch her skating in solo. I love specially her SP program on Amelie Poulain's music.

I guess she wants to focus completely on the pairs event.

17. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Isn't the skate order for the SP done by random draw?

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

19. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

20. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

What happened to Bryce's bones? I'm not understanding. BTW. are there any images of Jessica and Subastan yet?

21. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

BTW. by younger Pairs...who do we mean? Do we know of any Bryce is coaching?

22. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

He's coaching some teams lower than Senior (Junior or Novice -- I don't know which teams he's coaching).

23. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

24. fsfan22

fsfan22 Member

My bad about the previous comment ... didn't realize Jessica withdrew from the ladies' competition.

It looks like Skate Canada has updated the ladies' order and Christina Yan is now the first skater in the first flight (link)

25. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

The Wikipedia entry about Bryce Davison is fully updated and contains a link to very detailed information about "osteochrondritis dissecans", the bone/joint disorder which he was discovered to have when he was being treated for his injury.

Bryce is now the Director of Skater Development for the Hamilton Skating Club.

Read it all here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryce_Davison

26. quebecoise

quebecoise New Member

From twitter:

27. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

That doesn't sound good for the Pairs either - unless they're just doing loops and Salchows.

28. elle123

elle123 Member

But isn't a twist a required element. . . that definitely requires her to use the toepick.

29. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

^^ Very true. But the Salchow has not been Jessica's most successful jump in past years either.

30. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Well, if you told me that team I saw back in October at SC who was so obviously new and rough around the edges, would be skating the way they did last night and tonight...I would have been wondering a few things. WOW!!

*Very* impressed by how far Jessica and Sebastien have come in such a short time. Good for them and Congratulations to them on their fantastic Canadians!! :)