Jeremy Ten out of Canadians due to ankle surgery

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

This article link was originally posted in the Canadian Championships forum in Kiss and Cry:
    Best wishes to him for a full recovery for next season!

P.S. He's an active tweeter :): http://twitter.com/j3r3bear
    He tweeted that he'd like to work with Tom Dickson and I hope he gets the opportunity to do so!

A sampling of his tweets:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I'm glad that he was able to get his surgery done now rather than his original wait list position of March -- hopefully he can get his rehab done soon enough to compete well next fall with the earlier surgical date. Do patients in Canada "in a lot of pain" normally have to wait a couple of months for surgery like this?

3. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I realize the body's still warm but cut to me picking the jewelry off:

My wish list for the third spot for Tokyo in order (assuming I have to resign myself to the fact that Chan and Reynolds are going):

Craig (he's old...but fit...last chance)
    Martinez (behind Craig only because he'll have another chance)
    Sawyer
    Russell (I'm over him)
    Rogozine (send him to JW)
    Morais (send him to JW)
    Firus (go get a 3A and then I'll be on the bandwagon fully)

4. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

It depends on where it was done. I can only speak for Ontario and my own experiences, but w/all of my previous foot surgeries, I was looking at about a year's wait. I did have an option to go on the Cancellation List, and thanks to not being able to work due to other health issues, I was able to do that very thing and get in far sooner.

Too though, my foot and ankle surgeon is one of the best in Canada and sees sometimes well over 100 patients during his Clinic days. So that's also a factor when it comes to wait times as well.

Things are so screwed up Health wise in Canada right now, it doesn't surprise me Jeremy would have had such a long wait time *and* also be in pain too. I'm glad his surgery went so well and hope he's back on the ice very soon. :)

5. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:wuzrobbed I hope Jeremy comes back better and stronger than ever! Wishing him much health and happiness! :cheer2:

6. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

That's a shame! I hope things go well with the recovery.

7. luCN

luCN New Member

oh,I really like his this season's programs :(

8. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Gee, that's too bad. May he have a full & speedy recovery!

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I love his tweets - he comes across like such a nice, fun person. I'm sorry he's missing Nationals, but I wish him a quick and full recovery.

10. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

It depends on how well the person is functioning. In Jeremy’s case he was still able to do most of his normal activities so he wouldn’t have been considered a top priority. Surgery is usually expedited in cases where the patient is significantly disabled (e.g. Bryce Davison). Get better soon Jeremy! We’ll miss you in Victoria.

11. aaron

aaron New Member

I didn't know he was in such a pain when I saw him competing at GPS:( I hope this surgery takes away his problem permanently and comes back strong. His SP this season is a masterpeice.

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

I'm reposting the following supportive message from the Canadians forum in Kiss and Cry to this thread:

13. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Jeremy has tweeted that his post-op stay at the hospital was to do with problems swallowing - possibly caused by pain meds. He's home again now and feeling good. The operation was on his ankle - see the Bev Smith article in the first post for details.

Jeremy had another foot problem in 2010 but I don't think that this is related. But I could be wrong.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Mevrouw - I must have missed that tweet.

15. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Poor guy!!

(come back, Jeffy! :) win another title!!)

16. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Here are the three tweets about having to go back to the hospital on Jan. 9/10:

Had to go to emergency. Been here for 10 hours and now has to stay overnight :( me no likey hospitals.

After 3 bags of IV, 2 blood tests, 3 urine tests and xrays, I was discharged this morning. Never been poked with so many needles in my life.

Fevers gone down but may have minor ulceration in my stomach or esophagus :( Thank u for all the kind tweets! So happy to be home!!!