Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

centerpt1

He didn't compete 15-16 (other than Japan Open and Medal Winner's Open), and he's not competing 16-17.

He hasn't said he's retiring....but.....draw your own conclusions.

Sylvia

TBD
Abbott's quote in an interview he did for Stars on Ice in St. Paul in April (posted on the previous page):
"I don’t know that I will return for the 2017 season, but I’ve been pushing myself on the ice, keeping up my fitness, as well as improving my skills. I truly feel I’ve improved in this last year and I am definitely keeping a return to competition in the back of my head.
Glad to hear he will get a chance to travel to & teach in Australia this summer - sounds exciting! :)

Kecasyl

Exactly what @Sylvia quoted.

He hasn't decided yet, keeping his options open. Can't say I blame him, he's skating better now than ever.

Sylvia

TBD
Jeremy demonstrating his blade skills in rental hockey skates in Sun Valley last week: https://www.instagram.com/p/BGCz72gm8Hf/
Happy Birthday to him!

ETA:

https://wafsc.org/jeremy-abbott-development-camp-2016/
I think this paragraph was added recently to his Australia camp info page:
Camp Content: “I plan to cover a little bit of everything for the camp. My biggest focus is basics. Building the foundation for all of skating and showing that everything is connected. The technique is the same whether its skating, jumping, or spinning, and the proper use of basics allows for easier connection to the music which in turn makes a skater more artistic” Jeremy Abbott

Last edited:

centerpt1

Will he turn Bridge over Troubled Water into a Long, or use something else???

It's always tough when a retired or non competing skater goes up against those that are still out on the GP/Worlds circuit.

Kecasyl

Will he turn Bridge over Troubled Water into a Long, or use something else???

It's always tough when a retired or non competing skater goes up against those that are still out on the GP/Worlds circuit.
As far as the music, only time will tell. If he brings back an oldie, it could be either Adagio or the competitive version of his Bring Him Home exhibition he used and won at Medal Winners Open with. But like I said, only time will tell.

Sylvia

TBD

Kecasyl

I don't know how I could have forgotten this!
Jeremy will be putting on his annual skating show in Aspen, Colorado with the Revolutions Skating Club on December 17, 2016.
The other special guests this year will be Ashley Wagner, Yuka Sato, Rosalynn Sumners and Cain/LeDuc.
They will be putting on only one show this year and further details here: http://www.revolutionssc.com/ice-show

centerpt1

It just would have been nice if he could defend his MWO title from last year. But there is no MWO this year-so he can't try.

Last I heard, the only thing he committed to was training this season with Yuka. (and the Japan Open)

Last edited:

centerpt1

I don't think he'll be back to competition unless he's competitive- he's said several times he'd need to have 2 different quads ready for competition.

He wouldn't come back just to participate-

Kecasyl

I don't think he'll be back to competition unless he's competitive- he's said several times he'd need to have 2 different quads ready for competition.

He wouldn't come back just to participate-

I'd let it go. Honestly, there's been no reason for @DDNatalia to think that Abbott was just going to show up and compete at Nationals.
If and when he decides what he's doing, I'm sure we'll all know about it, I don't know why the poster above would assume otherwise.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information