Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

centerpt1

Sounds like a wonderful show. Wish I was able to go.

Sure wish Jeremy all the best for the rest of the season. (hope he makes the World team)

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Last edited:

centerpt1

Awww. Very sad for Jeremy and his sister.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland

Oreo

Oooh, that's such a shame. I remember at the U.S. Nationals in San Jose in 2012, during the men's competition (and I think during Jeremy's free skate) somebody in the audience had a medical issue where the ambulance had to come. It was Jeremy's dad. His dad always called out in the arena right before Jeremy skated.

Sylvia

^^^ No, it was Jeremy's step-father, Allen Scott, who was hospitalized in San Jose and calls out "Go Alexander" before he competes. Danny Abbott is Jeremy's (biological) father who died in the early hours of Thursday. He had been afflicted with Parkinson's and other health issues over the years.

KCC

So sad to hear the news of Jeremy's father. Thoughts and prayers to the Abbott family.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
What a difficult loss. . . I hope he and his sister got to spend some quality time with him before he passed.

Oreo

^^^ No, it was Jeremy's step-father, Allen Scott, who was hospitalized in San Jose and calls out "Go Alexander" before he competes. Danny Abbott is Jeremy's (biological) father who died in the early hours of Thursday. He had been afflicted with Parkinson's and other health issues over the years.

Oh! Thanks so much for the clarification!

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
Barber's Adagio for Strings is one of my favorite pieces, and I loved this program. I'm glad he stuck around one more year, sorry he didn't get a last trip to Worlds. Nine trips to Sr Nats and this is the first time he was off the podium. Not a bad ride.

Ares

Has Jeremy said if this will be his last season? I'm torn because I want him to stay just because his skating is still so special, but I also don't want to see him fall in the ranks as others move up.

Sylvia

From the end of Icenetwork.com's Men's FS recap article:
Abbott, who announced his retirement last season, only to change his mind after the 2014 World Championships, is not making any decisions on his future now.

"I'll go home and reevaluate life," the 29-year-old said. "We retooled my swing (biomechanics) this season and it's been so much for the better. I have been able to go through the season completely injury free. I felt more confident and stronger and much more consistent than I ever have before."

Kelvster

haven't watched his free programme yet, and am a little upset for Jeremy (have rooted for him since 2004!!), especially since I bought my ticket for worlds this year in Shanghai ... oh well, if this is it as far as his amateur career is concerned, then all the very best for his future endeavours.

i know there are a lot of harsh commentators out there, but jeremy really has so much to be proud of ... especially the GPF win, the 4 national titles, and .... the Olympic team bronze medal. It's an Olympic medal after all, which belongs to him for the rest of his life.

personally I am so so glad I got to watch him live in 2012 Cup of China, where he debuted the MUSE programme. His skating is quite simply sublime. One of a kind.

centerpt1

Jeremy is still my favorite skater ever. One of a kind. Sometimes life is so unfair.

Even if he wanted to continue, he'll be far down the rankings unless he gets out to internationals.( and he seems to be reviled by USFS so I doubt he would get assigned)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Unfortunately, according to TSL on Twitter, Jeremy's father passed away today. :(

Condolences to him and his family during this time.

I had missed this thread entirely. I heard about his father's passing during the recent NBC telecast.

Belated sympathies to Jeremy and his family

Skittl1321

Reviled by USFS? He's a 4 time national champion.
He's been assigned to 2 Olympics and 5 Worlds based on those results.

Susan M

Reviled by USFS? He's a 4 time national champion.
He's been assigned to 2 Olympics and 5 Worlds based on those results.
Yeah, I think the USFS has been fair to him until now. I did think this year's Nationals, though, the judges were not as generous with him as they were with some others and wondered if the judges were telling him something. (Well, for starters, they were telling him to skate clean, but I was surprised his PCS were not higher esp in the SP, and it looked like he was, too.)

aftershocks

Banned Member
They never seemed to favor Jeremy as much as his talent dictated. It was a mistake not to send Jeremy to Worlds in 2011. But then, as a result, Jeremy ended up creating his Muse masterpiece. This year, and most years it has been apparent Jeremy has had to keep proving himself, and go clean or else. Plus, post Evan and Johnny era, all the guys have faced the pressure of rushing out quads before mastery and consistency.

I thought Jeremy was great in the sp press conference, and as a fan I feel blessed to witness the beauty of his skating. To quote Toller Cranston, "... losses march into wins."

Thank you, Jeremy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information