Jeremy Abbott Uber Thread

DinDonShamu

I know there is a Jeremy's program thread but I just want to open something to uber for a few days (or maybe just for a few minutes) :eek:

OMG OMG Did everyone see his GPF performance tonight? It was AWESOME :respec:, SUBLIME :swoon:. It surpassed almost anything else I've ever seen and right there with Chan's Tango and Yagudin's Winter! I can't believe I'm falling IN LOVE with a short program yet again!

Hope he does well and make the podium tomorrow ... Jeremy! :cheer2: :kickass:

jiggs

I am joining the Uber thread. Love love love Jeremy this season, especially his long program. I really hope he can skate it to its full potential!! It's truely a piece of art!

OrioleBeagle

AARROOOO!!!
Jeremy is awesome! I love his artistry!
FSUers need to do something special for him at Four Continents!

Last edited:

Cyn

Jeremy may be in second place right now, but he was the STAR of the SP last night :encore:.

GOOOOOOO Jeremy!! :cheer2: :respec: :cheer2:

I'm going to be a freaking mess during the FS - I need to see if I can find a valium or something to take beforehand :rofl:. I want so badly to see his Muse program skated to its fullest potential as it is an absolute masterpiece. I wasn't a blubbering mess the first time I saw it, but I definitely had some tears in my eyes when it was done. It has absolutely sublime skating and choreography that is so organic, that when you combine it with Jeremy's emotion, and soul that comes through in his expression, it's bloody gorgeous. Dai's FS is great, don't get me wrong (his NHK performance of it was briliant), but it doesn't reach into me, grab my heart, and wring it to the point that I'm choked up at its end.

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I've put my money where my mouth is - if Jeremy can win (or get silver, since Chan can apparently win with 8 zillion mistakes :rolleyes: ), win Nats, and medal at Worlds, I will quit smoking cold turkey.

No pressure, Jeremy :lol:.

shine

I'm a freaking uber. The FS also brings tears to my eyes. The ice is a canvas, and Jeremy is the artist - now I finally know what that truly means. I think I've come to understand and accept the fact that real artists will never be consistent skaters. And I'll just enjoy the ride that Jeremy is taking me on and rejoice in whatever accomplishments that he will achieve - both competitively and artistically. To me, he's SUCH an amazing skater, the once-in-a-life-time type.

Last edited:

modern_muslimah

Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank
I have loved Jeremy since 2008 Nationals. Like others have noted he is so musical and so fluid on the ice. Plus, he has this emotional connection with his programs that I haven't seen since the Kween was skating. His SP is AMAZING and his LP is just...there are no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent it is. I really hope he can perform it to its full potential tonight. Also, I am glad the judges are finally rewarding his awesome skating! :respec: Only a point behind Chan and a point ahead of Dai on PCS? I never thought I would see the day!

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating. :lol:

dinakt

His SP is AMAZING and his LP is just...there are no words to describe how beautiful and magnificent it is. I really hope he can perform it to its full potential tonight. Also, I am glad the judges are finally rewarding his awesome skating! :respec: Only a point behind Chan and a point ahead of Dai on PCS? I never thought I would see the day!

Yes! It is so great to see Jeremy getting such enthusiastic response this year from the audiences, and from the judges.

dinakt

I think I've emailed Jeremy's FS to anyone who'd ever expressed a shred of polite interest in skating. :lol:

I was thinking of putting Jeremy's LP and Carolina K's SP on my facebook with big letters: "Why I am crazy about skating". I should. I will.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I don't claim to be an uber Jeremy fan, but I would really like to see him a world title, or at least a world medal this year. He has the talent to, but it has not worked for him at the worlds/Olympics so far. He could turn out to be like Paul Wylie who ultimately put it all together when it counted the most. It could happen this year or in the Olympic year (sooner the better though, IMO).

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
I don't claim to be an uber Jeremy fan, but I would really like to see him a world title, or at least a world medal this year. He has the talent to, but it has not worked for him at the worlds/Olympics so far. He could turn out to be like Paul Wylie who ultimately put it all together when it counted the most. It could happen this year or in the Olympic year (sooner the better though, IMO).

Oh, wow, would I ever love this to happen. The comparison to Paul Wylie is spot on...beautifully artistic skater who couldn't seem to nail his jumps. Until he finally did.

Jeremy got nailed in his FS at the GPF but that is still a :kickass: program and if he doesn't get it this season, I hope he keeps it another season. I can watch him skate all day long. :cheer2:

Allskate

I'm sure that he's not happy with today's long program, but it's a step in the right direction for him to land the quad and the opening triple axel.

Just once (okay, maybe twice), I'd like to see him do that long program. I really want him to skate well at Nationals. I want him going to Worlds, and I want it to be on the heels of a good performance.

dinakt

I'm sure that he's not happy with today's long program, but it's a step in the right direction for him to land the quad and the opening triple axel.

Just once (okay, maybe twice), I'd like to see him do that long program. I really want him to skate well at Nationals. I want him going to Worlds, and I want it to be on the heels of a good performance.

Yes to all.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
LOVE LOVE LOVE his skating. I don't think there's a program of his that I don't like, and I love that he's tried so many different things and styles. He's definitely one of the most versatile skaters out there. And I am SO glad he did dance for a while, because his basics are AMAZING and that's not true of many of Tom Z's other (former) skaters. He has excellent flow and power and his blades are quiet as can be. And he's very musical.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I am so sad he wasn't able to go clean tonight but am encouraged that he landed a clean quad and a 3 axel.

hockeyplayer2

Just got a chance to watch the LP again. He is so brilliant, and a definite performer. Watching the second time, not "in the moment" of the actual competition, it seemed to me as if he almost lost steam halfway through. He poured his heart and soul into his SP last night. I wonder just how much better this performance would have been if he had gotten a down day between the two programs, just as the dancers are getting...
Either way-love his skating, and hoping great things for the rest of the season! Looking forward to watching IN for Nationals. Wishing him all the best!!!

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
I've been a captivated uber of Jeremy's since I first saw him skate, which was at the 2007 Nationals LP skating to Tom Dickson choreography. He was the first male skater broadcast in the LP because his SP to American Beauty's "Dead Already" had not gone as planned, so he was skating in the penultimate group. I remembered loving his sophisticated music choices and the way he moved his body over the ice even upon first viewing him and I knew I was watching something very special. I recognized his immense talent immediately, thinking even then he was already a better and more interesting skater than the more publicized Lysacek and Weir. I consistently see shades of Robin Cousins and Matt Savoie in his skating. Everything about him is beautiful and truly touches my soul. I feel so fortunate and blessed to have the opportunity to watch him do what he does on the ice. I feel his love and passion for skating in every program he takes on; he is one of the few skaters currently who makes a human connection when he is performing. He is always giving the audience moments to savor and treasure when he is performing, whether it is a thoughtful arm movement or a pensive or playful look or a perfectly timed musical transition that takes your breath away. I always sense that he has taken great care and thought about how his music, movement, and programs touch and affect people emotionally. For me, he is the king of artistic nuances in the current skating world. What else can I say other than he really is Jeremazing! :cheer2::swoon::encore:

Last edited:

skatesindreams

museksk8r, fantastic post.

The highest complement I can pay Jeremy is to say that he is skating the kind of programs that John Curry would do, were he skating today.
Technically difficult; combining intelligence, purpose, and artistic focus.

He invites the viewer "inside" his programs and you can see/appreciate the thought and intent behind them.
Very rare, indeed.

professordeb

museksk8r, fantastic post.

The highest complement I can pay Jeremy is to say that he is skating the kind of programs that John Curry would do, were he skating today.
Technically difficult; combining intelligence, purpose, and artistic focus.

He invites the viewer "inside" his programs and you can see/appreciate the thought and intent behind them.
Very rare, indeed.

Yes, that's what it is. He draws you into his programs and I think he did a good job last night.

Oh yeah, I'm not a Jeremy uber but I do appreciate his skating and it was quite pleasing to watch him. Good luck to you the rest of the season Jeremy.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I really hope he makes the US worlds team this year. He probably will, unless he finishes off the podium, but he should win the championship, just to make sure he gets on the team.

Why do I feel that the international judges don't respect him as much as they should? May be the mistakes are hurting him and creating certain biases....?

DinDonShamu

I really hope he makes the US worlds team this year. He probably will, unless he finishes off the podium, but he should win the championship, just to make sure he gets on the team.

Why do I feel that the international judges don't respect him as much as they should? May be the mistakes are hurting him and creating certain biases....?

Actually I'm encouraged by the scores he received even with 2 falls in the FS at GPF. The PCS was right up there (unlike those in the past), and if he can hold himself together he is a major threat to world podium. Inconsistencies hurt him for sure, but he is the only one who can untie the bells now.

Triple Butz

I am so sad he wasn't able to go clean tonight but am encouraged that he landed a clean quad and a 3 axel.

The opening was just so out of this world. If he can skate this program cleanly by the end of the season, OMG. My head might explode with happiness.

Triple Butz

I think his reputation has suffered because of his poor showing in Vancouver, and also because he didn't win anything or go to worlds last season. His PCS are moving up, and I hope they will continue to grow as the season progresses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information