Jenna MCorkell

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by nuge, Apr 19, 2012.

1. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I thought my eyes were deceiving me earlier today .I had the tv volume off the adverts were on and Jenna appeared skating and eating yoghurt at the same time :lol:
    Anyone else seen it ?It had a strange name .Will have to find a link .It was funny as I started shouting there's Jenna :lol:

2. twinktwink

twinktwink New Member

I saw it too!! :lol: It was called Yoo Moo I think, I was confused as to whether it was yoghurt or ice cream as I only paid attention halfway through. I kept thinking why are they using skating to advertise something when Summer will be with us soon :lol:

3. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

The link is on Jenna's website :)

It's been taken off .

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  4. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

There's an interview with Jenna too .She says skating is not popular sport in UK .It's all about DOI :rolleyes:All the celebs get the endorsements etc :(

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

That is a shame. I think someone discussed here once before that they can sell out a show with adult skaters who can barely stand up but something like Art on Ice has a hard time selling tickets.

Just makes a joke of the sport really and shows that the lowest common denominator really doesn't understand quality.

6. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

I have only watched about 15 mins of DOI in all the years it's been on. I'd rather chew on my own liver before watching another 15 minutes of it. So baffled to its popularity (and shows like it)

Sigh.

7. twinktwink

twinktwink New Member

Yeah it is such a shame. I can't watch D0I but lots of people I know do and then they don't watch real skating. What really annoys me is the selling of pairs skating as ice dance. They don't even have many pros that were ice dancers working with the celebs.

At first we used to watch just the beginning to watch Jane and Chris skate but now we don't even do that. I wish they'd do more to draw attention to the real skating world by getting non-competing ice dance couples to come on and do a routine on the results show or something like that, just something to show people what it should bloody look like :lol:

8. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

DOI should get some of the World's best skaters to show how it SHOULD be done then maybe people would want to watch REAL figure skating.

9. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

The sad thing for me was the number of adult skaters at my rink who didn't mind shelling out over £40 a ticket to go and see DOI, but they weren't even aware that the European championship tickets were less per day and just down the road in Sheffield. I was :eek: i wouldn't pay anything to see the celebs and a very lacklustre T&D in that show.

10. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

11. twinktwink

twinktwink New Member

ITA. I started to get a little bored with the same kind of feeling and moves to each routine that they were doing. I really wish that they'd done more for pro skating in Britain after they retired. I know they shouldn't have to carry the sport all the time but unfortunately when its not a huge sport in the country then that's the only option you're left with if you want it to survive. They could have been putting a tour together with pros and taking it across Europe. That might have helped interest stay high.

I really wish they could have had their own training camp for competing skaters.

12. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Well I suppose it's never too late .They are 50 plus can't do DOI forever:D

13. miffy

miffy Well-Known Member

I think that commercial was the one a company advertised for a British skater to be in - I remember they linked to a video of Yu Na Kim to show what they were looking for. :lol:

14. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

You can see the commercial online. My question is...why the hell hasn't Jenna ever looked as attractive competing as she did in the commercial? The dress style & color was so much more flattering than anything I've ever seen her in before. She looked really pretty & her skating looked so smooth.

BTW, I have no idea what DOI is.

15. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Dancing on Ice, TV show by T/D.

And I so agree with your post about Jenna's look. Hopefully they let her keep that dress for next season (that is, if she's still competing!)

16. os168

os168 Active Member

This was for the casting call back in Feb.

http://www.iceskating.org.uk/node/5180

Unfortunately the cute 'reference' vimeo vid with Yuna doing her Bond Girl is no longer available. It was a blurry slow motion vid with her at the Olympics with the Yoomoo theme: 'How do you do' by Mouth & MacNeal. The whole thing was so out there (Typical British cheeky creatives) I personally thought it was a clever viral ploy to get YooMoo name out there without paying a superstar fee.

I am happy Jenna got it, there should be no competition really. She is the UK's best after all. Can't wait to see it on TV :)

Frozen Yoghuart wise, I prefer Pinkberry upstairs at the Olympic mall sorry to say :D It is more genuinely American, and less creamy!

Here's the ad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rhmgb0P9e4

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012