Jem and the holograms

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by allyx82, May 20, 2010.

1. allyx82

allyx82 New Member

\:confused:I'm going 80's party and was looking a costumes and decided agian I'm going to go as Jem..lol I loved her..while I was googling images and found this collection of Jem dolls which is crazy and even though I'm 27 I'm alittle jealous..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jemgirl/4500875817/

I only had Jem and synery dolls..

I'm I aging myself do other people remeber this cartoon?

Last edited: May 20, 2010
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Lurking Skater

Lurking Skater Ms Lurker if you're nasty

I remember Jem! I loved that cartoon.

3. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

I'm going to go you one better and tell you that I was in high school when Jem was popular and my cousin, who is ten years younger than me, was in love with this show. She had the dolls and knew the theme song and sang it constantly.

I worked with someone who used to work for a company called Jems and all I could think about when she talked about it was the theme song to the show.

4. Stefanie

Stefanie Well-Known Member

I had a Jem doll! I was always annoyed that she couldn't share clothes and shoes with Barbie, though, because Jem had some big feet and a wider waist. :lol:

5. satchelpooch318

satchelpooch318 New Member

Dude! I used to watch Jem every morning (it came on immediately after Thundercats) right before I grabbed my backpack and headed off for my elementary school. Being a then-eight-year-old (boy), this was a show I didn't exactly talk about with most of my classmates.

Hmm, I think I'll go watch the Jem theme song video on YouTube now...

6. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I remember watching Jem!!!! I also remember asking my Grandma to sew me clothes that resembled what they wore... of course Grandma never did....

7. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

I used to watch Jem too.. loved that show!

8. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

My girls both loved Jem in the late 80's. It was the first thing they would watch when they got home form school everyday.

9. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

i loved Jem! My sister, cousin and I used to pretend we were Jem and the Holograms and my older sisters were the Misfits. :lol: and then the battle was ON!

10. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

Truly outrageous!

11. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I loooved Jem. My dad worked at CBS when I was a kid and at some party he met some chick dressed up as Jem and took a picture with her for me and she signed it. :rofl: I still have that Polaroid.

12. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Jem was my absolute favorite when I was a kid. I always wanted to have a collection like that one in the link!

13. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Another 80's child who loved Jem checking in!!

I used to love drawing up Jem inspired costumes. The stuff that Jem and the Holograms wore were so wild, you couldn't go wrong. :D

I think Mom's still got some of those somewhere too come to think of it.

I never did get any of the dolls though.

14. DiscoDollie

DiscoDollie Member

I loved watching Jem as a kid... but I always wanted to be a Misfit instead :)

15. martian_girl

martian_girl New Member

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  16. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

Truly truly truly outrageous . . .

17. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

. . . We are the Misfits, our songs are better . . . We are the Misfits, the Misfits, and we're gonna get her.

18. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

I had a Jem doll with the two-tone hair, and a Stormer doll that I drew anatomically correct parts on. :rofl: My favorite was Aja, the one with the tiered blue hair.

Here's a great interview with Jem's creator: http://www.loony-archivist.com/jem/primer/marx.htm

19. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I loved Jem! I watched it all the time when I was younger and was bummed out when I couldn't find it on TV anymore. Glad I'm not the only one who enjoyed that show when I was growing up. :)

20. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Haha :) I always loved the Misfits.

Watched Jem all the time. Not to mention Beverly Hills Teens or whatever that one show was with "Bianca" etc. It was almost an Archie cartoon in Beverly Hills.

21. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

Yeah, the Misfits were definitely better.

22. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I don't think I had any Jem dolls, but I LOVED Jem. I even found a pair of earings at a craft show that I thought would be perfect for me to transform into Jem. I wore them frequently.

And the Jem theme song was my standard "scary movie or thunderstorm, need distraction" song. I am sure it prevented many nightmares.

23. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I have a bunch of the Jem songs on my iPod. They're still fun to listen to, no matter how cheesy they are.

24. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

I loved Jem--but my mom wouldn't let me have the dolls, since they were bigger than Barbies and I couldn't use Barbie clothes on them. :p

I loved the show though, I watched it as much as I could!

25. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

OMG yes! I loved both Jem and that Beverly Hills show but I have no idea what the latter one was called :D I was so jealous of the characters for having a limo with a pool :lol:

26. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

27. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Beverly Hills Teens was great too.. count me in on the limo pool jealousy. Thought it was the cooles thing ever!