JC Penney's response to homophobic boycotts? A gay Father's Day ad

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by manleywoman, May 31, 2012.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

2. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

3. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I'm a former Penney Associate - loved the company, then and now. With their change in marketing strategy (no coupons/phony sales prices,) I've been thinking about James Cash Penney (sic) often. He passed away before I was hired as a wet-behind-the-ears IT trainee at their NYC headquarters, but he was larger than life and his influence was still felt when I was a management associate.

His father was a Baptist minister and his faith was an important part of his business philosophy. His first store in Kemmerer, Wyoming was called the "Golden Rule." The company mission statement really focused on treating everyone the way you would want to be treated: associates, vendors, customers, media and co-workers.

If Mr. Penney were alive today, I wonder what he would feel about gay rights and his company taking a controversial stand?

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

5. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

If I still lived in the US I would be frequenting JCP on a very regular basis. I use to shop there at lot as it was but would do more so now that they are stepping up to the plate re doing what is right IMHO!!:encore::encore::encore:

6. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Adding my :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: to the bunch.

And making note to self to shop there more whenever I venture south of the border.

7. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

:cheer2:
    I should make it a point to go to JCPenney more often.

8. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

:cheer2: I could watch that video of Ellen's response to when she was hired all day long on repeat!

Just shopped at JC Penney last night, actually! :D

ETA: I had to look up One Million Mom's response to this: http://www.onemillionmoms.com/IssueDetail.asp?id=457 I can just imagine all of these angry goose 'traditional family' women barking at their local store managers as they suggest to do so. Well, maybe not barking, but I can't picture that going over so well.

Last edited: May 31, 2012