Jaycee Dugard's Book is in stores

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Vash01, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

NJL, I agree it's not about the money. It is to let those in power know that their mistakes can have serious repercussions on someone's life, and that they need to do their jobs.

2. Hannahclear

Hannahclear Well-Known Member

I read it. I wish I hadn't. It was pretty twisted stuff. So glad she is building a new life for herself and her daughters.

3. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Blaming the victim, I see. She already got $20 million? First of all, the money from the lawsuit wouldn't go to her, if I understand it right. But even if it did, so what? Actors get $20 million for 6 weeks of work. Politicians get millions from companies that then screw us over and we have to pay the bill. I'd rather give another $20 million to a woman who was kidnapped as a 11-year child, raped and impregnated and forced to give birth at an early age without any medical help. The police, the legal system and the society failed her miserably and she had 18 years stolen from her life when she lived like a sex slave. She deserves all the money she can get. It may make her life easier but it won't erase the horrible memories and most certainly won't give her the 18 years back.

(btw, I don't direct that at you, Neil, but the people you described)

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

Very well said.:respec:

5. NeilJLeonard

NeilJLeonard Well-Known Member

No problem, WS, that's understood. Thanks...:)

NJL (...and I agree with your post 100%, too...;)...)

6. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

:kickass: Perfectly stated. There isn't an amount of money large enough to compensate her for all she had to endure.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Amen!

8. NeilJLeonard

After 11 weeks on the NYT list A Stolen Life is now #8. This is to be expected, I suppose, since I do not think Jaycee has done much to promote the book.

NJL (...I still recommend it, but admit that it is a difficult book to read....even if it does have a happier ending than you might imagine...which I hope continues...;)...)

9. NeilJLeonard

After 14 weeks Jaycee's Memoir, A Stolen Life, is no longer on the NYT bestseller list.

NJL