Jason Brown's 2013-14 Olympic Season Blog

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

I thought this deserved its own thread for the season ahead: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130610&content_id=50198436&vkey=ice_news
    Excerpt from the end:
    ETA: Jason has picked up 201 Twitter followers within an hour of his first tweet!
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  2. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

That goes to show how long some people have been waiting for him to get on Twitter! ;)

I love his blogs. They always sound so excited and they make me excited in turn.
  3. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

He's so cute! So excited about everything. I only wish there were more Olympic spots. . . there are so many US skaters (well, skaters from everywhere) I want to go and they can't all go :( I'm sure his Riverdance will be splendid.
  4. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Jason expresses himself very well.
    I look forward to his thoughts about the "adventure" of the Olympic season.
  5. Sylvia

6. skatesindreams

Jason writes very well indeed!
    The blog is both interesting and entertaining
  7. kiss-n-cry

kiss-n-cry Member

Jason is just so charming, both on the ice and off. His ability to articulate himself in writing seems to correlate with his ability to interpret music on the ice. With his programs and style, he has quickly become one of my "special favorites."
    It's so funny to me how he spoke about not being afraid to approach someone for an autograph or picture. In Greensboro in 2011, my mother wanted his autograph so badly but she couldn't bring herself to approach him. So I said, "Do you want me to go get it for you?" So of course, I approached him and told him my mom was too shy to come over. He graciously signed, but she regretted not talking to him herself. We are going to Boston for Nationals, so now she will get her chance.

Go Jason!!
  8. misskarne

Yes, I wonder if he realises that he is now one of those people who makes others starstruck!

He still sounds a bit traumatised at being called the father of Kori's kids. :lol: Poor guy.
  9. Sylvia

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

His blogs are so cute. His enthusiasm for everything is charming
  11. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

No mention of skating at the World Arena in Colorado Springs. When he first moved to CO there seemed so much fanfare about their combining training sites in Monument and with the top skaters at World Arena. Something happen?
  12. misskarne

He skates on the National sessions at the World Arena twice a week - so that would be with the top skaters. (Imagine that session! Max, Joshua and Jason just to start!)

I'm sure he'd happily mention everything, but we might be here for days reading the resultant novella.

The picture of him on the board is a good one. It really reinforces the point that he's all grown up now!
  13. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Those sessions must be quite something. Competitors. Competing coaches with well known competitive reputations. Must be fascinating, on the ice and by the boards.
  14. misskarne

:swoon:

It's on the bucket list. Sneak in and watch a Nationals session at the World Arena. (That comes after actually going to America.)
  15. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

What a marvelously articulate and genuine guy! Jason is my fave American male skater. I hope he's around for a while because I just get lost in his skating!
  16. Sylvia

Not written but Jason but on topic for this thread?

Brown's biggest fan? Why, Arsenio Hall, of course
    Skater's mom, sister both have worked for TV talk show host - by Sarah Brannen (includes photo of baby Jason with Hall): http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/06/59721214
  17. Sylvia

18. skatesindreams

What a fine article.
    Go Jason!
  19. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Loved the article. Very informative, and I wish Jason the best this season! :)
  20. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

Nice article!

I knew that the Team USA jacket is a big deal, but I didn't realize skaters got so many of them. Do they get a new one for every competition, every season, or what?

Also, does anyone know what rink in Monument Jason skates at, or who else skates and coaches there? Is it a new facility?
  21. Sylvia

I believe skaters get special Team USA jackets for Junior Worlds (Jason has been to 3 Jr. Worlds) and Worlds, and the standard Team USA jacket covers the other internationals until the jacket design is changed.

http://www.cosportscenter.com/page/show/242180-figure-skating
  22. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

Thanks Sylvia, I didn't know there were special jackets for Junior Worlds and Worlds.

I see that the CO Sports Center "just" opened in 2006. I guess it's been a long, long time since I skated in the area! :lol:
  23. Sylvia

Jason the dream: Brown's life as a senior begins
    Rapid success puts jovial Trophée Bompard medalist in Sochi contention
    Posted 12/29/13 by Jason Brown, special to icenetwork
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2013/12/29/66234032/jason-the-dream-browns-life-as-a-senior-begins

Brown's blog gallery (Dec. 29) - 6 photos from Nebelhorn and TEB: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/66233824

Links to all of Jason's blogs are compiled on the News page of his official site (going back to August 2012): http://figureskatersonline.com/jasonbrown/news/
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  24. skatesindreams

Jason writes so well; and expresses his "joy of living" in every post.