1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jason Brown Uber Thread: Someday is Today

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Mrs. P, Jan 22, 2014.

1. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree that Jason appears to have adapted very readily to the music and choreo for the current sp (from the brief clip we've seen). Still, we don't know if Jason's work on Juke might not have had some influence on helping him master choreo for the new program with even greater ease. The blues harmonica of Juke is not an easy instrument/ theme/ movement style to translate into a competitive figure skating program. It appeared to be a difficult but worthy challenge. I'm glad Rohene brought renewed exposure to Little Walter, and to blues dance, which I personally didn't know much about. The overall outcome was not completely successful, as the moves in Juke seem to be a hybrid mix of blues (minus gritty sensuality), jazz, honky-tonk, and JB pizzazz.

There's a load of discussion over in the Program Music thread regarding Juke and Jason's new short program, on pages 10-11 of that thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...and-choreographer-announcements.95402/page-10

lauravvv likes this.
  2. misskarne

misskarne #408

I am now interested to see what the LP is going to be. The last few years have been: romantic/dramatic/tragic (2014-2015), epic/high energy (2013-2014), romantic/elegant (2012-2013), and movie theme/epic (2011-2012).

3. StitchMonkey

StitchMonkey Well-Known Member

Well the patter seems to be romantic then epic, so I am guessing epic.

4. sbaker-12

sbaker-12 Member

I want him to give us passionate tango, maybe Olympic year?

DreamSkates likes this.
  5. StitchMonkey

StitchMonkey Well-Known Member

Well Rohene has claimed he already knows what he wants Jason to skate to in 2018, so they may be avoiding it for now. Then again I could see Rohene changing his mind a few times.

sbaker-12 likes this.
  6. DreamSkates

DreamSkates Well-Known Member

I didn't like it until I watched it a few times then could appreciate the moves to the music and how he brought out the personality of the music. But am looking forward to his new programs.

7. katmari

katmari Active Member

8. Sylvia

Sylvia Club comp. season is here!

Maria Victoria likes this.
  9. Maria Victoria

Maria Victoria Member

^Nice article, thanks for sharing. I think there is a typo in the second sentence of par. 7 : "Brown says he will remember the event as one of the biggest learning experiences of his career and commands (commends?) Ade for making that decision." I want to alert the author in the post comment section, but I am reluctant to give out my email address.

10. Sylvia

Thanks, @Maria Victoria - sharp eyes! :) I've passed along your typo correction and the verb "commends" is there now.

Maria Victoria and tutuchat like this.
  11. Sylvia

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    katmari and StitchMonkey like this.
  12. missing

missing Well-Known Member

Spun Silver likes this.
  13. Sylvia

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  14. katmari

katmari Active Member

Big My Secret is 2:54 and The Scent of Love is 4:19. The program length is 4:35 so it seems Rohene may have edited the two pieces together. :)

15. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Making me miss Delobel/Schoenfelder :(

That's beautiful already. Jason's got great stretch and extension.

And now I would really like to see a self-choreographed duet with Rohene Ward and Jeremy Abbott. :D

Maureen, clairecloutier and dinakt like this.
  16. Sylvia

I found the video linked on the event's FB page: http://www.krdo.com/news/aerial-challenge/33719768

Jason Brown's 3A-half loop-3S(hand) in the Jumps event this past Friday night:
    https://www.facebook.com/figureskatingmag/videos/vb.278550292537/10153986609402538/?type=2&theater

I started a GSD thread for TSL's 2-part interview with Kori Ade: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/index.php?threads/tsls-interview-with-kori-ade.95904/

17. misskarne

misskarne #408

Lovely. Really shows off his movement, his edges, the things he does very well, and the jumps are woven in so beautifully.

Maureen likes this.
  18. Karpenko

Karpenko Not Impressed.

I am so impressed. It is absolutely sublime, and it had me after the first two notes of music. This program is absolutely stellar.

I forgive the short program (taking that direction with his artistry) now that I have seen this. Beautiful job Rohene! :respec:

And a much better quad attempt IMO.

Maureen likes this.
  19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

I'm hoping Jason is making good progress with the quad. In particular, I hope Jason's team strategizes well for him and don't have him go for broke without a consistency level on the quad. This in order to avoid the problem of quad attempts affecting cleanness and consistency on other jump elements.

20. Tavi

Tavi Well-Known Member

I must have missed something - where was the quad attempt?

I thought what Kori had to say about Jason & 3A was interesting and possibly instructive re the quad: he couldn't do the 3A until he really believed he could do it.

21. Karpenko

Karpenko Not Impressed.

Wasn't the first jump a quad attempt? :confused:

I just watched it again, a two footed triple :rofl: I was very sold on the program

Still, arguably a better quad attempt than last time..

22. handomi

handomi Active Member

it was quad attempt, but in my opinion it wasn't any better than at 4CC : /

23. Sylvia

It looked to me like he was going for a 4T at the beginning of his FS. From the 2015 Broadmoor Open thread in Kiss & Cry (FS report excerpt about Jason):

24. Tavi

Tavi Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell whether he deliberately doubled his first jump or two footed a super under rotated quad. It almost looked like he was doing a combination, but maybe it was intended as a transition out of the quad?

25. dr.frog

dr.frog Well-Known Member

The jump was clearly a placeholder for a quad, but it came out as an overrotated double.

Sylvia and Tavi like this.
  26. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

In her interview Kori stated that her skaters deliberately do very few of their jumps at early competitions. So it probably was meant to be a double, but his head got confused with what he trains in practice...

Tavi likes this.
  27. katmari

katmari Active Member

28. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

katmari likes this.
  29. Sylvia

30. dr.frog

dr.frog Well-Known Member

Looking at that video, I conclude that Jason must have been terminally distracted by his ill-fitting costume! :yikes: The baggy vest that pulled when he raised his arms, the shirt that came untucked and got bunched around his waist, .... Plus, even if it fit properly, I don't think the design is flattering to Jason's body type. I hope they burn that one and start over from scratch. :EVILLE:

Spun Silver and StitchMonkey like this.