Jason Brown Uber Thread: Someday is Today

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Mrs. P, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

The Little Walter Foundation uploaded this fun video titled "Jason Brown learns to play the harp with Billy Branch" at Skate America: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p_1ZggxPCk

SKATING magazine blog's feature on Billy Branch: http://skatingmagazineblog.com/2014/10/25/blues-star-to-play-at-skate-america/
    Excerpt:
    ETA:

Icenetwork has a free video of the first "Ice Desk" at Skate America (12+ mins.): http://web.icenetwork.com/video/v36855985
    In the final segment Tanith Belbin interviewed Rohene Ward and the daughter of Little Walter (composer/artist of Jason's "Juke" SP), Marion Diaz Reacco.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    katmari likes this.
  3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Jason tweeted this Team USA group photo today:

4. missing

missing Well-Known Member

skatesindreams and Tavi like this.
  5. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

missing, thank you for posting Bev Smith's beautifully written article. Jason's freeskate was so somber, but he did indeed "pass the test."

skatesindreams likes this.
  6. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Personally, I immediately felt that at the end of his skate Jason's emotions meant he was dealing with grief over his manager's recent death and I mentioned it on another forum at the time. I also felt that under those circumstances, Jason skated very well at Rostelecom Cup.

I know that Shep Goldberg is irreplaceable as a person and as a manager, but I wonder who Jason will be managed by now. Did Shep have a team and someone will be taking over from his team?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  7. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

Considering it was a [n international competition] career best scoring free skate, he skated very well indeed. That seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

9. aftershocks

^^ Thanks, great interview with Jason. He slightly misspoke near the beginning when he said Nationals 2014 was his first time in seniors. I think he meant it was his first time qualifying for the Olympic team. Jason's senior Nationals debut was in 2011. He placed 9th, 9th, 8th, and finally 2nd at U.S. Nationals (but he skated very well every time, of course the best of all in 2014).

10. DreamSkates

DreamSkates Active Member

The future is bright for Jason, so full of talent and love of life and skating. But I just don't like his short program this year. However! I look forward to seeing him skate in person, both programs, at Nationals in a few weeks. Hope he stands at the top of the podium when it's all said and done!

11. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Maybe he meant the first year he was a "real" senior- an international senior skater. Those prior years he was skating in seniors at nationals, but internationally he competed as a junior. (So it probably didn't seem likely to him that he'd be named to a post-nationals senior team. Last year was his first shot at that, in his mind.)

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  12. aftershocks

Yes, that seems more like what he may have meant. :)

13. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

14. Tavi

Tavi Active Member

That looks so fun - I want to try!

But his poor ankles - are those bruises normal for elite male figure skaters?

15. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

It may not necessarily be bruises...my sister's hands and feet look like that all the time, especially when she's cold, because she has lousy circulation. There's nothing wrong with her heart or anything, it's just a syndrome that means that she gets purple feet a lot.

16. missing

missing Well-Known Member

Jason tweets:

17. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

Awww. Happy birthday, Jason!