Jason Brown to perform on TODAY Show Wed. April 2nd

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Sylvia, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

It began about 8:50 and some fans from Illinois were taken out of the crowd outside the studio and taken down to the ice to meet him. Jason will be meeting the President later today, along with other Olympians. Matt Lauer hopes Jason will find a way to become more enthusiastic in the future :rofl:

3. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks for finding it, YukiNieve! I'm afraid I missed it this morning. :)

5. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Thanks for the link, YukiNieve!
    Indeed!

The White House meet-and-greet is tomorrow afternoon; there's a Team USA Athlete Celebration in D.C. later today and the awards show tonight -- refer to : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-U-S-Awards-Show-to-air-on-NBCSN-on-April-7th

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for the link! How exciting for Jason to get that exposure. Whoever recut his music and rearranged the program did a really nice job.

Even with all the edits, his program was very good. That rink must be so hard to skate on- it is miniscule- he was going really slow during his footwork, and I was wondering if his internal monologue was "don't pick up speed, don't pick up speed"- he'd run out of room!

And very nice recovery at 3:50- looks like he lost balance on the turns and nearly bit it, but then it kind of just looked like a wacky transition.

His Y spiral is so good, but it is way more impressive when a jump follows it :)
    But that russian split jump- WOW. He's a master.

7. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Jason just has the "it" factor, doesn't he? America loves this kid!!!

8. scarletbloom

scarletbloom Member

Personality, charisma and his love for skating just radiates from him. Loved him since the first time I set eyes on him in 2011. My hope is that USFSA will get a clue and market him as the "IT" skater instead of following their old, staid plan of pushing preprubescent females on America. We can only hope. :fan: