Jason Brown on Arsenio Hall, Fri., 1/24

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Frau Muller, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

FINALLY Jason Brown gets a TV interview - on Arsenio Hall, this coming Friday (Jan 24). As per USFS Twitter:

@jasonbskates will be on the @ArsenioHall show on Friday! Should be an awesome interview between two life-long friends.

Check local listings. It's a syndicated show, I believe.

2. Frau Muller

Station-finder tool for the Arsenio Show:
    http://www.arseniohall.com/watch/index.html

In DC area, show comes at 11PM on the CW channel. Website mentions Jason for Friday show..."U.S. Olympian will share his special story..."

3. Frau Muller

p.s. I also checked neighboring states (VA and MD) and this show seems to come on 'late night' in most places (11pm or 11:30pm starting time).

4. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Holy crap Arsenio has a show again? :lol:

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    For some months, now.
    Designed to compete with Leno/Fallon, Kimmel, etc.

6. Frau Muller

*bump* - this is tonight (11pm in most markets). Will have to record, if watching Ladies free skates from Four Cs, as they begin at 11PM EST too. (wink)

7. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Jason's mom use to work for Arsenio, he has known jason since he was a baby and USFS tweeted a photo of Arsenio holding baby Jason.

8. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I am watching the interview. Apparently Arsenio has known Jason since he was a baby and is familiar with his career. They never say what the connection is though. They showed a picture of Arsenio holding Jason as a baby. Kore Ade is in the audience waving a flag. Lots of shots of her reactions. They reveal that Jason totaled his car sliding on ice a few days before Nationals. They also show the text he received "inviting" him to the Olympics and Jason's response (OMG Yes!!!!! I'm crying). He reveals that his sister is his role model. Jason's Prince Program was Arsenio's idea.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  9. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Jason's mom produced the original arsenio hall show. Tonight Jason talked about how he got stated skatkng, his car wreck, ponytail power, and how the spectators look during a spin lol. Jason thanked his coach .:)
    Arsenio gave him gag gifts for Sochi-toilet paper, headphones, and a bathroom wall!

10. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Now Arsenio is interviewing a series of rappers. They perform together and Jason and Kori are back on stage dancing. Jason is very charismatic. Kori is getting a little action from Luther Campbell.

I've always liked Arsenio better as an interviewer than the other late night hosts.

11. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Sounds like the interview was fun; can't wait to see it. Have a super early start tomorrow so I'll have to watch it when I get home.

12. BelleBway

BelleBway a monkey stole my title

13. Frau Muller

Checkin' in about this, after 4Cs ladies. I've recorded it and will enjoy it during a LATE-morning breakfast coffee tomorrow (or today, later). Time to sleep.

14. Frau Muller

After 7 solid hours of sleep, I watched Jason on Arsenio. WOW! Jason is pure happiness, with a ponytail. What a great send-off for Sochi!

15. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

16. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Awwwww. How fun to see Arsenio pouring the lurrrve on Jason. That interview was total sweetness. :biggrinbo

17. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

18. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Baby pictures are the best, lol.

The whole text thing makes me laugh...it would make the perfect plot for a cheesy soap opera. Mirai steals Ashley's phone so when the text comes through, she deletes it so the USFS thinks Ashley declined so Mirai gets the spot instead. Drama ensues. ;)

19. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

She was, if I'm understanding the timeline correctly, the Executive Producer of his original talk show back in the 90's.

Jason's candor and enthusiasm are truly entertaining and draw people in. There's no doubt in my mind that NBC will do their damnedest to capitalize on this during the Sochi games, and I expect that he will be one of the bigger breakout stars in the US of these games.

BTW, next week on Arsenio, Gabby Douglas will be on (not sure which night it is, though).

20. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

You obviously missed the very beginning - Arsenio explained that Jason's mother helped him get his first show going and was the producer. He pulled her up from the audience and set her up at the producer's podium for old time's sake. He talked about having known Jason since he was a baby and showed the photo of him hold the cute little fella.

21. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Jason's going to be a Superstar by the end of the Sochi Games. :cool: