Japan's Ice Skating Stars for Disaster Relief

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by acraven, Apr 26, 2011.

1. acraven

acraven Well-Known Member

MASN is scheduled to broadcast a one-hour program, "Japan's Ice Skating Stars for Disaster Relief", at 11 AM EDT on Sunday, May 1. MASN is a sports channel available to Comcast customers in the mid-Atlantic area. It's possible the program is being carried by other secondary channels as well.

The show features a number of top Japanese female skaters, including Arakawa, Asada, Nakano, Ando, and Suguri.

There's a bit of information here: http://www.tvimedia.com/index.asp?pgid=147 (scroll down).

The wording is a bit cagey (no location is given), so I'm not sure whether this is a filmed version of a benefit show or simply clips of earlier performances.

2. pdavis

pdavis New Member

they're planning to do a show in canton, mi but i haven't heard any details yet. hopefully, something will be announced soon.

3. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Please keep us updated if you hear anything! I would consider flying up there for it!

4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I'm in the New York area, and this show is listed on channel 7, the WABC affiliate for 2:00 on this Sunday afternoon.. Although the dvr description refers to World Champions Yukari Nakano and Miki Ando, so I won't really be sure about this until it airs.

5. acraven

acraven Well-Known Member

I recorded the show mentioned in my earlier post but haven't really watched it yet. It appeared to be a rerun of the Japanese Nationals exhbition from some years ago. Nancy Kerrigan was commenting, and I believe she referred to Asada as 16 years old. The only new content appeared to be an intro that provided a means of donating to earthquake/tsunami relief.