Japanese skater/skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

This. And regarding Kanako, she's pretty good, but if Risa Shoji gets her URs under control I think she could easily pass Kanako by the time she's eligible for senior competition (12-13 season), she's more elegant than Kanako and can rotate her 3-3 more consistently too, plus she doesn't rely on being cute.

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

3. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I loves me my Dai.

4. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

That was a great interview from Dai he really talked openly about his season and shared his feeling and emotions. I hope all goes well with his surgery and rehab.

Thanks to Sylvia for the link and to mot for the translation.

5. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

Great interview. Thanks to Sylvia and mot...you both rock!

6. luCN

luCN New Member

um,why Kozuka and Asada not attend DOI?They used to in DOI last few years and not effect The ice……

and I see Ando in fantasy on ice cast list in June and July

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

8. Jarrett

Jarrett Well-Known Member

So can she do 3/3 or not? Kinda conflicting...

9. NMURA

NMURA Member

I remember both Asada and Kozuka didn't show at DOI two years ago due to same "choreography" reasons. Maybe their agent is negotiating with the DOI organizer for better deals now. I think Ando will appear anyway. It's hard to sell to broadcasters without three "stars" including Takahashi.

10. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

She has UR issues with her harder triples (3lz, 3f, 3lo) but not the easier ones (3t, 3s), and her 3-3 combo just happens to be 3s-3t, so she gets it ratified nearly every time. If that makes sense. It's the same for her 2a-3t. Kanako otoh seems to get a lot of UR calls on the back end of her 3t-3t.

11. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Dai boring? Never.

That interview was really interesting - thanks for the link.

12. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you for the link to Daisuke's interview. I absolutely loved it. Thoughtful, honest, clear-sighted, strong, self- deprecating, creative... Good luck Daisuke, I hope he can make it a go till Sochi.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Awesome! Finally! :)

I'm totally behind the team event now. :)

+1

14. Eris

Eris New Member

Pechalat/Bourzat confirmed their participation in a Fukuoka show in 18 & 19 June. Does anybody know amth about this show?:shuffle:

15. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Great. There are so many great singles skaters in Japan and the singles field is so deep that many of them can't make it out of Japan. Exploring pairs and dance makes perfect sense. So many of these Japanse skaters have great skating skills and musicality and would probably make good pairs or dance couples if they were given the opportunity to train and actually compete internationally. It's probably a challenge to find many taller guys in Japan though.

16. luCN

luCN New Member

Fantasy on Ice will hold on June 18 19,but will be in Kanazawa,and the cast don't contain PB now.
    official website here:http://www.hk-event.jp/foi2011/

Philippe Candeloro, Brian Joubert will be there too.Pity it seems no TV broadcast,I really want to see Candeloro's skating.

17. Ladida

Ladida Member

18. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

I haven't a link but I remember her saying that she couldn't eat after the earthquake. :( poor kid.

19. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

20. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Three Japanese ice dancers are recent additions to icepartnersearch.com -- Taiyo Mizutani, age 22, his former partner at the Senior level Emi Hirai, 24 (who lists Muriel Zazoui as her coach in her icepartnersearch bio), and Misato Komatsubara, 18, who competed at 2011 Junior Worlds with her former partner, Kokoro Mizutani (he's now 21 and aged out of juniors). Mizutani is the only one not currently listed on icepartnersearch.

I wonder if either of the guys would be suitable for Allison Reed?

In other Japanese skater news...

Daisuke Takahashi surgery update: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78993

Midori Ito's return to competition (ISU Adult Masters) this month in Oberstdorf: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=78350&page=6

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  21. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

These are the other upcoming shows in Japan that I know about:

Lambiel and Volosozhar/Trankov are the guests in the annual Japanese National team exhibition, Dreams on Ice, June 24-26: http://www.onice.jp/

Fantasy on Ice in Fukuoka, July 2-3: http://www.kyodo-west.co.jp/fantasy_on_ice_2011/
    Cast: Ando, Oda, Candeloro, Arakawa, Lambiel, Weir, Verner, Hanyu, Suzuki, Suguri, Imai, Nanri, Nakinawa, and Volosozhar/Trankov.

The Ice, July 23-24 (Nagoya) and July 30-31 (Osaka):
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/index.html
    Cast: Mao & Mai Asada, Murakami, Kozuka, Hanyu, Mura, Buttle, Amodio, Rippon, Czisny, Nagasu, Davis/White, Kerr/Kerr, Takahashi/Tran.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  22. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I just hate how he wears that stupid expression when he does too many like "ummmm i think that i just did something wrong....nah... just my imagination..." lol

23. oubik

oubik Well-Known Member

Tomas Verner will be also participating in Kanazawa one.

24. senorita

senorita New Member

25. Quadloop

Quadloop Member

26. NMURA

NMURA Member

AS expected, Ando was added to DOI, along with Daisuke Murakami.

27. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

According to the official web site of Mai & Mao Asada, Mao Asada seems to be staying in Moscow now.
    In Moscow, she may possibly be making with Tatiana Tarsova the new program for new season now, mayn’t she?

The message and the photo of Mao Asada in her official web site.
    http://maimao-asada.com/mao/private/2011/06/05/58/

Translated from Japanese.
    At Moscow
    June 5th, 2011

I went to an Uzbekistan restaurant in Moscow!
    I am looking forward to it because it is the first time for me (to eat the Uzbekistan cooking)!!

By Mao Asada

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  28. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

Akiko is in Detroit working with Yuka and Jason and will be skating in a fundraiser for Japan on Thursday. I saw her on the practice ice on Friday and she looks really good. She was only doing doubles. She looks really happy. I'll report back late Thursday night or Friday morning about the show.

29. ana

ana New Member

30. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.