Japanese skater/skating news & updates

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy03

Amy03 Member

isn't it because she is doing her fs choreografi there

2. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

TAT works out of Budapest now?? :confused:

3. Amy03

Amy03 Member

now that is strange then, is the source of the news reliable... cause i didn't hear about Mao going to budapest to train there

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

There might be some kind of summer camp there.

5. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

Could any Japanese fan (or other posters in the know) confirm or deny this?

Daisuke Takahashi to return to Morozov. I really don't know what to think of this if it's true. Back to crappy programs and his oiliness by the boards, but Dai is willing to do anything to win the Olympics?

6. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Curious, very curious. But it looks and reads legit. Maybe Morosov is supposed to act in an advisory position? I can't imagine Dai moving to Russia.

7. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

I think he needs Nikolai's political sway to beat Chan. If this gets Dai the marks he deserves, I'm all for it.

8. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Considering that the Russian Fed would like a sweep of the golds and Plushenko returned to Olympic champion, either Morozov is providing him with a stronger rival, or they don't think much of Takahashi's chances.

Or it could be a trade-off for shipping I/K to Shpilband.

9. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

Oh my, how much money pays the japanese federation? morozov seemed to be so angry about the japanese federation. i think only a lot of money could bring him back to work with japanese skaters again.
    but let´s hope miki is among them, too, think this will be her only chance for a glimpse at medal.

10. care bear

care bear Active Member

Or may be that Plushi is not going to compete at OG? I think no one in Russia would allow to coach the direct rival.

11. Eislauffan

Eislauffan Well-Known Member

There was talk about Daisuke Takahashi returning to Nikolai Morozov already five weeks ago in Moscow. At that time his agent didn't confirm it (but didn't outright deny it) when I asked, but now I was told to expect a press release tomorrow (Friday). I am thinking this will be the official confirmation.
    But maybe Morozov is not doing his choreography or at least not all of it. AFAIK Takahashi is working with Lori Nichol (but I don't have an official confirmation for that either).

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  13. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Eislauffan! All of a sudden the thought of Nichol choreographing Daisuke seems like heaven. Ah, the irony of it! :rofl:

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

Thank you so much for the information, Eislauffan. I guess tomorrow will bring clarity as to what this means.

15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Here's confirmation:

http://fskating.com/2012/06/takahashi-returned-to-nikolai-morozov.html

16. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

That's Russia's Ria Novosti agency that came out yesterday. What we were really waiting for is an official statement from Dai, or Dai's agent in today's scheduled press conference.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Remember that Morozov is responsible for Takahashi's Hip Hop Swan Lake which was a super voidy program.

I'd much rather see Takahashi continue to work with Miyamoto and Camerlengo but if this makes him more consistent and gives him an opportunity to beat Chan, I am all for it.

Their break-up wasn't exactly very amicable I think, so no way they'd ever work together again.

The big question now: Who is Miki going to train with and who is going to choreograph her programs?

18. chika3

chika3 Member

19. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

Choreograph for Miki? Don't you mean whom will select her background music while she jumps and flails her arms?? Lol

20. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yeah that. :EVILLE:

21. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

22. luCN

luCN New Member

some articals said Miki hasn't deside compete GP or not,I heard Lambiel will choreograph her SP for a long time but don't see comfirm yet....

23. NMURA

NMURA Member

24. Jeschke

this would be so much drama. miki with whomever against leonova with morozov in fight for gold ar even a medal :p
    drama guarantee
    :drama:

25. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Quite ballsy moves. Especially on Dai's part. Wow. The resilience of his is en par with Plushy's IMO. You have to respect the man for upping the ante for skating's sake, unafraid of taking risks.

26. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

Now, now, to be fair she will probably spin a few times, too. :D

27. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Even though most people on here want to see Miki's artistic side, id rather see her bring out the big jumps again (I love artistry, but we need to see more difficult jumps in ladies skating again :D) In a perfect world, Miki would get her butt to colorado Springs as soon as possible and start working with Christy Krall, I can almost see her 4Salchow :swoon:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  28. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

:confused:

The jumping level in Juniors at the moment is probably the highest it's been in a very long time, if not ever.

And Ando's jumps were very often cheated so... :p

29. Jeschke

that´s true, but at senior ladies, we´re just seeing 3toe3toe of almost everybody and have to be happy, if we can see a 2a3toe.

back to 3lz3lo or something like that! come on girls!

Miki would surely have been continuing her 3lz3lo if there would´ve been need for it. everybody recognizes, it only helps if she could land it a 100% clean. so she did, what almost everyone else did, safe combo. not bto blame her for that.

30. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

She was going to work on her SP with Stephane Lambiel, but at the DOI interview a few days ago she said that it's now unclear, as he is not in the condition to work on her program - http://absoluteskating.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=general&thread=4733&page=1 . It's a pity, because I hoped that we will finally see a bit better musicality and more emotion from her in her competition program if she worked on it with Lambiel - I think he could be an inspiration for her in those things. Although I think that now, when she apparently loves performing in shows more than before, she could be inspired to try and be more artistic in her competition programs too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.