Japanese Figure Skating news - After Sochi

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by DaiKozOda, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Amy03

Amy03 Member

oh dear, let's hope it's an old photo :D

2. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

it is not :D

3. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

Apparently it's not there anymore, though there's still a recent one of Miki and Annabel from a week ago. Did Morozov take his daughter to Japan recently?

4. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

seems like Arakawa is pregnant and won't do shows for now

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

She has done it for the last two years.

6. feraina

feraina Well-Known Member

Oh, congrats to Arakawa! I think it was relatively recently that she announced she was getting married, wasn't it?

7. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

orientalplane likes this.
  8. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Thanks rosewood and Sylvia. :)

Congratulations to Shizuka and her fiancé or husband (whichever he is) :encore: I'm sure she will have a very elegant baby. :shizuka1: :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. dot_dot

dot_dot New Member

Congratulations to Shizuka and her husband(They married last year.)
    I can't wait to see their baby and miki's baby on ice:D

10. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

This afternoon Hanyu was invited to the Royal Garden Party hosted by the Emperor and Empress with other medalists of Sochi, and other celebrities. He was the person among the guests whom the Emperor and Empress first talked to. He also talked with other Royal Families.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhTPpAgnbIU
    He said he was more nervous today than at the Olympics. His legs were shaking.:lol:

Hanyu's days after the Worlds have been really hectic. He is participating many shows and as OGMedalist, he was swarmed by media with lots of interviews. After Sochi Olympics he avoided media's swarm because he said, he wanted to focus on preparation for the Worlds. He stayed in Japan only for 2 and a half days and quickly flew to Toronto. During his quick stay in Japan, he was asked by the media "Is there anything particular you want to do after the Olympics?" he said, "I don't have anything particular. I want to train. I want to go to Canada as soon as possible and prepare for the Worlds. I want to win at the Worlds."
    Yesterday evening he was in Nagoya, performing in SOI. He skipped the finale and headed to Tokyo to prepare for the Royal Garden Party. And today after he attended the Emperor's Party, he returned to Nagoya to skate in SOI this evening!:eek:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  11. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Also Nobu's second kid and Mura's first kid were born in the last year, and Takeshi's third kid in this March. One can dream how the nationals in 20 years will be like. ;)

12. Jeschke

yeah, lil'shizuka vs. lil'miki vs. old fumie :EVILLE:

IceAlisa, kwanfan1818, Rob and 5 others like this.
  13. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

:rofl:

14. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Daisuke Takahashi announced he'll take a rest for the whole next season and take time to consider his future.

15. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Sigh. :( I am just not ready for Dai to retire....

16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

:rofl:

17. Jeschke

me neither. but one season off to rest and give the injuries enough time to heal makes sense.
    hope we will see him back in competition.

thanks rosewood for this news.

18. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

Yes what a great guy! They all seem so nice - I just love them! :)

19. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Would likely make sense for Kozuka as well. :(

Any word on Machida? I hope he's confirmed to be continuing after his success this season.

20. rosewood

^Machida has not done any clear announcement about his retirement. He said he'll skate for at least one more season for sure. He is multi talented so he might be thinking about his next career as a choreographer/coach/show-skater or something else out of figure skating world. One of the problems would be financial issues. He doesn't have any sponsors so far. So he may not want to rely financially on his parents after graduating from his collage. He said in the interview on JSOI 2014 coverage that he may retire from the competitions when he feels "I went all out."

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  21. rosewood

Asahishinbun article
    (my rough translation)
    Daisuke Takahashi announced he'll take a rest for one season "I want to think about my future."

On April 21st Daisuke Takahashi(Kansai University grad school, 26) who placed 6th in Sochi Olympics announced about his career. "I'll not participate in any competition in the next season. I want to consider," he revealed that he'll take a rest for a year. He answered to media when he participated in the ceremony to receive College President Prize along with Tatsuki Machida(Kansai University, 24) who placed 5th in Sochi Olympics.

"I didn't come to the decision whether I retire or not just after finishing Sochi Olympics", he said. He injured on his knee and withdrew from World Championships held in March. He went back on the ice since a month ago but he hasn't worked intensively such as on jumps yet. "I don't think I'll be well prepared for the next season. I want to take an enough rest and think(about the future) being away from the competitions," he said.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  22. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

:eek:

That's just so wrong.

23. rosewood

Jeschke, where are you? It's a big news! Miki skated on the handmade outside rink on the NORTH POLE!!
    http://barneo-polus.livejournal.com/38360.html

Do anyone remember Arakawa skated on the handmade rink on the sea? The same TV crew took Miki to the north pole to skate there. :eek: :lol: It's not aired on TV yet but we'll see the video on youtbe soon after the broadcasting.

Another news is that Miki is scheduled to the Bolshoi on Ice 2014 in Korea. :D
    http://www.ytn.co.kr/_ln/0106_201404231824418005

skateboy and (deleted member) like this.
  24. rosewood

Yuzuru Hanyu is invited to Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan. He's interviewed right now. Below is the live streaming link.
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iwj-c...&utm_medium=social&utm_content=20140224151352

ETA:
    It's finished. Here is the link to the recorded video. They have a very good interpreter. The interview starts from around 23:00. Hanyu arrived late because of the traffic jam. Obama is visiting Tokyo. So many traffic jams happen in the center of Tokyo because of the security guard Today.
    http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/46615406

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  25. Jeschke

here i am, thanks so much rosewood :D
    holy sh...must have been really frosty out there, if you se what miki and the others wore before she was skating and then the tiny dress, haha :D

26. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Shorter clip is on youtube now. It starts from when he arrived, so it's more convenient.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPz-gDmf44A

(I've always thought Yuzuru is the last person who cares about his appearance off ice and he has no interest in hair and fashion. He proved I was right.:D)

27. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

^^^ I started a new thread in GSD yesterday based on rosewood's and galaxy's video links, thanks! Link: Despite success, Yuzuru Hanyu says there is room for improvement

Re-posting from the Mao Asada Cheer thread:
    Hanyu puts his gold medal around the prime minister's neck as the photographers click away madly and there's a cute moment when PM Abe hugs Narumi Takahashi. :)

ETA links to the various Japan Ice show threads in GSD:

April shows, including many videos: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...apporo-amp-Japan-Stars-on-Ice-tour-April-2014

Fantasy on Ice (starting June 7): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?92011-Fantasy-on-Ice-Japan-ice-shows-July-12-13-2014

The ICE (July 19-27): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...-in-Japan-Nagano-Aichi-amp-Osaka-(July-19-27)

Also:
    Event thread started in GSD: Dreams on Ice 2014 in Japan

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  28. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Re-posting from the Dreams on Ice show thread:
    Via Google Translate - this will be the 4th surgery on his right knee. "Start of the season is delayed" sounds like they hope to continue competing, if all goes well?

Wishing him a successful surgery and recovery!

29. rosewood

Thank you, Sylvia.

Here is one more Jananese show in Beppu. It's kinda domestic show so I didn't start a thread for it.
    Beppu Figure Skating Exhibition http://www.gakuon.co.jp/shop/html/products/detail.php?product_id=165
    date/city: June 21-22/Beppu(Oita prefecture)
    Cast announced so far: Yuzuru Hanyu, Takahito Mura, Keiji Tanaka, Ryuju Hino, Haruka Imai, Mari Hirai/Marien De La Asuncion, Nobunari Oda, Akiko Suzuki and others

ETA:
    Your understanding is correct. He injured his knee badly when he was training uncer Morozov. And it's been his chronic injury. His knee went worse in the end of this season but he wanted to participate in important competitions such as Olympics/Worlds so he postponed his operation. I felt he's so frustrated by the chronic injury by reading his blog entry. Hope he'll recover fully by taking this operation. They'll continue competing for sure.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  30. galaxy

galaxy Active Member