Japanese and Worldwide fans of Davis/White, please vote for Meryl & Maks

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by mineko, May 13, 2014.

1. mineko

mineko New Member

As some of you may know, Meryl Davis and Charlie White have been participating in a popular US TV Program, Dancing with the Stars for the past 9 weeks. As a celebrity participant, Meryl Davis is paired with a professional Latin/ballroom dancer, Maksim Chemerkovskiy (Maks), and Charlie White with Sharna Burgess. 12 celebrity participants and their pro partners compete for a Miller Ball Trophy for 10 weeks to determine the winning couple.

Unfortunately today, during the semi-final 9th week of the program, Charlie and Sharna were eliminated, leaving Meryl and Maks to face off 3 other couples for the final week the next Monday evening from 8pm EST.

Although Meryl is considered the best dancer among the 4 finalists (no surprise there), the show is mainly a popularity contest, and the competition is stiff!

I am therefore asking the worldwide fellow fans of Davis/White to cast vote for Meryl and her partner, Maks.

Foreign residents can cast vote via facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dancingwiththestars
    Click on the icon indicating DWTS Vote, which should take you to the voting site. You can vote up to 5 times, with as many facebook accounts as you have.

You can also create account and cast the maximum of 5 vote at: http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars

I have included the link: http://twitlonger.com/show/n_1s10k48 for the voting instruction for the foreign residents, including the US zip code, world time, and many other tips.

Voting ends at 8pm on 5/13/2014 (Eastern Standard Time).

I very much appreciate your support for Meryl Davis. :)

FYI:

Here are some of the amazing dance she's been performing for the last 9 weeks. If you haven't seen them, it might be an eye opener for you in that it might change your preconceived notion of our Meryl the ice dancer. Enjoy, and please vote.

Swing week 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJ9PwV9XByU&hd=1
    Argentine Tango week 4: http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast
    Tango week 6: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3U5mKlQ86I&hd=1
    Salsa week 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkkA3-0IpU4&hd=1
    Rumba week 8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHScicfN8Ds&hd=1
    Jive week 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eezj0SwsEu4&hd=1
    Viennese Waltz week 9: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0S-R-ZMieY&hd=1

You can go to https://www.youtube.com/user/dancing...w=0&shelf_id=1 to check out Charlie's dance as well as 3 other contestants.
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
    Messalina and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to cast additional votes, here's how to do it!

(Many thanks to Brook24 for sharing this tip!)

3. Rossig

Rossig New Member

And who are other finalists apart from Meryl?
  4. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Amy Purdy, Candace Cameron Bure, and James Maslow.
  5. Rossig

Rossig New Member

Oh, I haven't heard about any of them :lol:. So yes, Meryl should win:cool:
  6. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Amy is a Paralympian and won bronze in Sochi for snowboarding. Candace is best known for being in the US sitcom "Full House" from 1987-1995. She played the part of eldest daughter D.J. Tanner. And James is a singer in the band Big Time Rush.
  7. mineko

mineko New Member

If you care to find out more about all the finalists, here is the link to the casts: http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast

Once again, please vote. James Maslow, one of the finalists, happen to have a huge following in South America. We just want to level the playing field along with increasing the odds for Meryl. ;)
  8. Rossig

Rossig New Member

It's a pity you need to have a facebook account to vote.
  9. mineko

mineko New Member

Ok, slightly less than 11 hours till the voting closes.
  10. spinelli

spinelli New Member

A facebook account is not needed. Just go to www.abc.com and set up an account there. Then, after you've voted, dump your browsing history, cookies, etc., and you can vote multiple times.
  11. tortellini

tortellini Member

i dont know amy purdy is a really good dancer!:D i think i will vote for her instead ;) paralympians need more love and recognition. thanks for the tip! (also is it necessary to create another thread when you already have your fanthread? seems redundant)
  12. Manaud

Manaud New Member

Amy is fantastic! Thanks for the info on how to cheat the vote system. GO AMY!
  13. tortellini

tortellini Member

YES! she is sooo good i hope she wins this because she deserves it the most as she works the hardest. GO AMY GO :cheer2::cheer:
  14. jenji124

jenji124 Well-Known Member

just what I was thinking, gotta cheat to win...sounds familiar
  15. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

If abc wants to limit the votes to the weekly quota per email address, it wouldn't be hard to filter out the extra votes.
  16. brina

brina Well-Known Member

Lol, some people are just a little bitter! :lol:
  17. tortellini

tortellini Member

tell me about it ;) all those insults hurled at amy at the d/w thread were uncalled for. ubers be crazy :yikes:
  18. mineko

mineko New Member

You are welcome. I initially learned how to cheat the vote system from Derek Hough fan site (Amy's pro-partner).
    Good luck with Amy vote.
  19. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I have been watching DWTS & using my allotted votes online. I don't do the call-in voting. All my votes have been for Meryl & Charlie. But I can't imagine trying to cheat the system so someone I don't even know can win a reality TV contest. I didn't even know it was possible. Maybe it's because I have a life aside from TV. Maybe it's because my fandom hasn't descended into the realm of la-la land. I would like Meryl to win (I especially want Maks to win) but ultimately it won't affect my life either way.
  20. tortellini

tortellini Member

still is amusing you all have to cheat the voting system so meryl can win. im having a major dejavu here. can she win anything
    on her own?
  21. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

The Olympics. Unless you count having the required ice dance partner and a good coaching team (both as a young developing skater to a world championship-calibre skater) as not being able to win anything on her own.
    brina and (deleted member) like this.
  22. tortellini

tortellini Member

:rofl:
  23. mineko

mineko New Member

We have approximately 3 hours to go until the cut-off time for voting. Thanks again for supporting Meryl and Maks. :)
  24. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Strictly speaking, only solo ice dancers can win by themselves ;)

I voted for Meryl on facebook, but not with the multi-browser business, and I only have one facebook id.
  25. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Thanks for your work, mineko. :)
  26. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever New Member

You've got 13,307 posts. That doesn't sound like a life to me. If we had lives, we wouldn't be here. ;)
  27. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Active Member

Truth! :)
  28. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

I just saw this thread and it seems it's too late. Sorry to read that Charlie & Sharna were eliminated. I have no faith in DWTS anyway. The best dancers don't always win. I still like Meryl's chances.
  29. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

There's 1 hour left. :)
  30. Xela M

Xela M New Member

Never liked her on the ice, but I must say the few videos I saw of Meryl on DWTS were incredible. She dances better than Maks :p
  31. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Technically, not even they win by themselves because every athlete, solo or not, has a pretty big team behind them and without it, none of them would have achieved what they have ;) :p
  32. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Going by your logic, no skater that is part of a team, be it Tessa Virtue, Tatiana Volosozhar, Jayne Torvill, or Shen Xue, can win anything on their own. Total straw man argument.

Nice to see you're still bitter, though. :blah:

If you had any critical reading skills, you would realize that the overwhelming majority of the complaints aren't about Amy -- they're about Derek Hough, his choreography, and/or The Three Stooges and their inconsistent judging.

Also, you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror before pointing fingers and saying "ubers be crazy."
  33. Ian Bedloe

Ian Bedloe New Member

Thanks mineko for starting the thread and Cyn for the tip.
  34. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I personnaly only voted via facebook because I think it's enough to make a difference. And I don't see the need to cheat.
    Go Maks (yeah yeah I know I just love him)
  35. mineko

mineko New Member

You are very welcome. We have one more chance to vote: starting at the inception of the finale show on next Monday (5/19/2014) and lasts for 15 hours. If you find it helpful, I am happy to update this thread with alert for voting start time.

I am glad that our fellow foreign fans have chance to see Meryl's dances. Although I wish for Meryl and Maks to win the Miller Ball Trophy, I find it even more meaningful to be able to share her incredible dancing and acting talents to those who may otherwise unaware of.

P.S.: Argentine Tango's link was screwed up (post #1) Here is the correct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vmRZIFyoVM&hd=1
    Enjoy, this is one of the most popular dance of hers to date.
    Last edited: May 14, 2014
  36. taf2002

If you spread my posts over 14 years that comes out to 2.6 posts a day or about 18 a week. Doesn't sound like much when you look at it like that, does it? Anyway, my point was (in case you missed it) that I don't have the time or desire to make hundreds of phone calls just so someone can win a meaningless contest. And IMHO, a contest in which you have to cheat doesn't mean much, at least it wouldn't to me. But then I don't lie & cheat my way through life & I don't suppose Meryl & Charlie do either. But I'm not really surprised by the "anything goes" mentality here. I see it every day while driving.
  37. Doggygirl

Doggygirl Well-Known Member

This. I'm sure the ABC executives are DROOLING at the idea of people sitting in front of their computers for hours figuring out how to get in extra votes. That's Mind Share for DWTS. The playing field is level.
  38. Meteorlight

Meteorlight Active Member

ITA! IMO it's unfair and a bit insulting to call the incognito voting "cheating" ... how is it cheating if it's been known and allowed by the show? They may not count these votes (which is why I'm not wasting my time on it), but there's no way they can't recognize/don't know about this practice (fans of the show talk about it everywhere). Yet they've done nothing to fix this - they could easily prevent most people from attempting this by just announcing they would throw out these votes, but they've been sneakily silent for at least a couple of season now. Hence, this isn't that much different from voters who create multiple accounts to vote or call from multiple phone lines (all well-within the voting rules).

Keep in mind this is a reality show - the producers absolutely salivate for more viewer dedication and craziness (in their world, audience's level of obsession with the show = big plus/sell to the advertisers). These are the same folks that brought us UNLIMITED Twitter voting for that switch-up in the middle of this season - they were pretty much openly advocating for people to tweet their fingers off - like they really care about "keeping voting fair" or "one person one vote" etc. :rolleyes:

The whole "system" of voting for the show was created to be "worked," so to speak, and I really don't think these high moral ground arguments have any place here. The cynical part of me thinks the producers might be using these incognito votes as some sort of reserve - they can keep them or throw them out depending on which would yield their desired results, while still keeping in compliance with FCC rigging regulations. As GangstaCharlie might say: "don't hate the playa, hate the game!"
  39. taf2002

So you're taking your life philosophy from GangstaCharlie. Good move. :rolleyes: But you're right, if "everybody" does it, it must be ok. Sorry to bore you with high moral ground arguments. They were obviously wasted on you.
  40. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

The way I see it, if multiple voting is not against the rules and if it is actually encouraged by the show in order to drum up fan participation and therefore lots of attention, then there is seriously nothing wrong with doing that.

However, if one has to go on different browsers, incognito, and other "out-of-the-way" things to game the system, then I think it at least defeats the spirit of the voting even if ABC hasn't done something to prevent that. However, if you really care about the result and you see an injustice of a competitor's fan base pulling all the stops to make sure he/she wins the competition, then you some times have to fight fire with fire. Just don't expect people who don't really care that much to be OK with what you're doing or to not comment on it.