1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Japan Open 2013

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by morqet, Jun 19, 2013.

1. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

If she wants to earn more points, Ashley needs to work on her spin levels, too.

Mao got level 4s for all her spins.

A few other interesting things from the protocol:

Joannie Rochette got all positive GOE on *every* element. It's not often you see a clean protocol like that.

Adelina Sotnikova got zero credit for her choreo sequence, but I'm not sure why. She held her spiral for 3 seconds by my count. Perhaps it was a lack of ice coverage.

2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

^Ashley just needs to -

1. Go for LV 4's on her non-jump elements;
    2. Make sure the 3f-3t is rotated;
    3. I would throw in the 3l -seq. - 2x as her 4th jumping pass at the 2:00 mark

All of the above is doable at this point. She would solidly plant herself as World #4 ranked lady and perhaps ready herself to pounce should Mao or Carolina make a few errors.

3. ltnskater

ltnskater Active Member

And deservedly so, you can see, even without the lutz, and only repeating the 2 easiest triples you can score well by racking up the GOE. This is why Yuna Kim achieves such high scores from the + on GOE from every single element she does (especially the jumps).