Jane Austen's Fight Club... I wish

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by CarolineBingley, Jul 24, 2010.

1. CarolineBingley

CarolineBingley Active Member

My sister's friend has made a "movie" trailer for a little film festival amoungst the people they go to church with. It's pretty well done and I think there are some here who would get a kick out of it. I personally would like to see it become a real movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2PM0om2El8

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    LadyGray and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

I LOVE it! Brings to mind that there were many times while I was reading "Emma" that I wanted to slap that girl upside the head.

3. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

That was amazing. I LOVED it. Everything was spot on, from the language to the music. This movie so needs to be made now.

4. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Great!

5. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Loved it! Cracked me up :)

6. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Never did see Fight Club but this is HILARIOUS.

7. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

8. zhenya271

zhenya271 Active Member

Loved it!:lol:

9. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

What I'd really like to see is Fanny Price giving Mary Crawford a big 'ol slap upside the head...

10. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Ditto that for Elinor Dashwood to Lucy Steele. Although that would kind of take the "sense" out of Elinor. :)

11. CarolineBingley

12. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I hated Fanny Price. Mary Crawford all the way! And don't even get me started on that dullard, Edmund. Henry Crawford was so dreamy...

13. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

14. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

:respec: That was the only Austen where I just could not finish it. Fanny was SO ANNOYING.

I don't know about fighting, but it would have been nice to see quiet, patient Anne Eliot just SNAP on her idiot foppish family. "Persuasion Goes Postal".

15. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

I adore Fanny. Such fortitude, patience, strength, and moral fiber. I agree that Edmund was a dolt, though. So utterly blinded.

I'd love to see Fanny slap Mary Crawford "upside the head" as another poster put it :lol: but Fanny does get the ultimate revenge in the end ;)

Fanny is so much like one of my favorites, Anne Elliot. Anne also demonstrated the virtues above. But, yes, danceronice, her family deserved a smack! I figure she also got her ultimate revenge in the end by totally shocking her whole family in attracting someone like the Captain.

As for the vid itself, I got some giggles out of it, but I'm sure I'd understand it better if I had seen Fight Club...

-Bridget :)

16. CarolineBingley

Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
  17. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

How exciting for them that it's becoming something of a viral hit! :)

18. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

See, I found Fanny far too passive and goody-goody, plus basically smug about it. Anne on the other hand was easily swayed, but figured out pretty quick that was a mistake (and given who her primary red-herring interest was, she never lost her taste for men of the Navy.) And she did eventually decide "Know what? The heck with all of you, I've got a second chance and I'm not blowing it. Sorry about the estate, and Dad, if you want to go for Mrs Clay, have a great time. Toodles." Whereas Fanny was just kind of...oh, look, she was right all along. That one is a little too-too morality play for my taste.

Though at least she didn't have moments of Too Dumb To Live to go with Emma (Knightly sure took his time whacking her with the Clue Stick), Catherine from Northanger Abbey, or Marianne from Sense and Sensibility who practically has to drop dead before she gets over herself.