I've cut my finger

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Feb 20, 2011.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

typing with one hand .... pls excuse ..... lol ... is there a health pro or practical type in the house.... slicing a carrot two hours ago i sliced open my index finger with a sharp chef;s knife......abouy one-half in. long....cant tell how deep.....i stopped the bleeding by appling pressure with a clean cloth for 45 mins.....washed thorougly with mild soap. at present little bleeding buy i'm not using it as you can see....

any more i shoud do?

how the heck do they grab those skate blades?

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

LOL@Soxxy! I can hardly type with two hands so good luck to you. Make sure no vampires are around. :D

3. KatieC

KatieC On hold

Guess it depends on how deep the cut is - if you can see flesh inside, I generally get someone to look at it. I still have a scar and slight nerve damage from getting a fingertip sliced in a door 15 years ago.

Good luck with it.

4. soxxy

soxxy Guest

exceptions to certain TRUE BLOOD cast members and tjeir characters!

5. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness- I'm so sorry! I'd keep applying pressure and make sure it stays clean. Do you have a nurse line you can call? Might be worth calling to ask at what point should you seek medical attention. (ie- still bleeding in a few hours, can see tendon (yes!), etc)

As for the skate blades- the trick is to grab the part where the blade attaches to the boot. And to practice with gloves on until you get it right! I've definetly seen a few girls slice their hands open.

6. soxxy

soxxy Guest

okay, going on three hours and not turning colors yet, not too deep, cant see flesh

7. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

Ouch! I cut my finger yesterday, too, when a glass broke in my hand while I was washing it. Pressure and a clean bandage. I'm not using that finger, either... Hope you heal quickly!

8. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Thanks guys, it's all bandaged.....wont be typing ts and r's ; for a couple of days....not easily anyway. Hey, at least Ive gotten out of washing the dishes.