It's Holiday Specials Time Again!!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Nov 29, 2012.

1. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

It's "Fra-geel_a"!
  2. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

OMG y'all, Lifetime's Holiday High School Reunion was brilliant. Watch it. Live it.
  3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I had never watched the original Walton's movie with Patricia Neal and saw it recently. I was moved by the love in that family and John-boy's Christmas gift and the humor as well ( the recipe!) I wonder if young folks today (who have so much) could relate to a story of folks who live frugally out of necessity and do so happily.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  4. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Miracle on 34th Street. The original Tonight. It just started here. My only complaint is it's the colorized version.
  5. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

So we watched the Hallmark Hall of Fame premier tonight (Christmas with Holly): Generally these romantic Christmas movies are more miss than hit with me but I enjoyed this film. Maybe it was the three men and little lady theme coupled with the setting--nothing earth shattering just a nice way to spend a couple of hours.
  6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

Christmas in Connecticut just came on after Miracle on 34th St. It's late but CiC is one of the mlp essential holiday films. Christmas doesnt happen if I dont see it.
  7. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

AACK!! I adore that movie mlp and can't believe I missed it!!!

Heads up fellow Canadians...Grinchy Pooh*** and Max are on tonight at 8pm on the CBC and they're followed by Frosty and his friends trying to get him back to the North Pole before he melts. :D

***Don't ask. I allegedly called him that when I was three or four and it's stuck ever since in this house. :0 :D
  8. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the new Bublé special last night? I thought the first one from a year or two ago was only so-so: pretty good music but lame in-between stuff. I recorded the new one last night but don't know when I'll get a chance to watch.
  9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

tomorrow (wed) night on tcm they are showing "remember the night" at 9:45 est
    Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Thanks for the info. I set the autotune for "Remember the Night"! :) AMC is showing "A Christmas Carol" December 16th from 7 - 9:30 p.m. (central), 8 - 10:30 p.m. (eastern).
  11. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Which version? Please tell me it's the 1951 Alistair Sim version. Probably not. AMC usually shows the Reginald Owen version.
  12. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member