It's back but do we care? NHL 2013

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by professordeb, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

2. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Insignificant after today, but Ryan White better have worn a Habs jersey for the last time regardless of how long he's suspended. Unbelievable how he's thrown away every chance. :wall:

3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Too true that post of yours Lara. You truly do wonder about some players, don't you?

I just want to thank James Reimer and the Leafs (Along w/the Blue Jays, but that's a different thread. ;) ) for giving me a badly needed distraction for a few hours tonight. Pity I couldn't see it as for some odd reason, neither TSN or Sportsnet showed the game, but listened to it thanks to TSN Radio on the iPod!! When I finally saw some of the saves Reimer made, but especially that one someone on Twitter called, "James and the Giant Reach!!"? Holy CRAP!!! How did he pull that off? My jaw was literally hanging open for a good minute or so after seeing that on Connected after the Jays game.

And who else scores the first Leafs goal but Phil Kessel. I swear...Ever since his Sister won the Tourney MVP for the Women's World Hockey Championships last week in Ottawa, he's caught fire!!

Coincidence? I think not!! ;) :D

Oh and Theo Fleury tweeted this freaky fact : Brodeur is at 666 career wins and holding for about two or three weeks now. A Goalie for a team called the Devils has a current stat like that!?!

:eek:

4. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

5. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

Was it wrong of me to think that maybe the crowd joined in on the national anthem like they did because they couldn't stand to hear that guy's awful singing? :shuffle:

6. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I had the same thought. :lol:

7. AragornElessar

But it wouldn't be *a Bruins* game w/out him doing a horrible job of it. It's his trademark and a shame too. The Bruins deserve better.

8. AragornElessar

NHL Alumni ~ Boston Bruins Foundation ~ Marchand Suite Raffle

9. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

And the silly Leafs managed to bungle yet another game. Come on boys, enough with this stupid stuff. Start shooting that small black disk at the goaltender of the other team. You know, that thing called a PUCK!

10. AragornElessar

I know this has more than likely been posted in the thread for all going on in Boston today, but....

The Bruins and the NHL both decided to cancel tonight's game at the Garden due to the events of the last 24 hrs. Both for the safety of the Teams and respective Personnel of the Teams and the Garden, but to also free up any Security Personnel that work part time for Bruins/Celtics games who are also Natl Guard Reserve.

They were also going to do an event tonight much like what the Canucks do at their last Home Game and auction The Jersey Off Their Backs after the game and the proceeds were to go to one of the Funds set up to help those affected by the bombings on Monday. I hope they still get to do this at some point soon, as it's a great idea and I know it's one of *the* major fundraisers the Canucks hold for their Foundation/Charities and they raise an awful lot of money by the end of the night. Considering what this was going to, I can only imagine how much money the Bruins *will* raise once they do get the chance to hold this.

11. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

The Wild are killing me. :wall: Do they even want to be in the playoffs?! jeez. If they still make it in, they'll probably be crushed by Chicago in the first round anyways. ugh.

I really want to see Clutterbuck's playoff beard... :grope:

12. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

Blue Jackets miss the playoffs over a god damn tie breaker. :(

13. KHenry14

KHenry14 Well-Known Member

The Kings suffered the most inglorious loss tonight. Kings were dominated almost all game, they pull their goalie and score to tie the game with 30 seconds left. Half way through overtime, the Kings get a double minor power play when Dustin Penner got high sticked. Blues clear the puck behind the Kings net...Jon Quick misplays it and Steen steals the puck and wraps it around for the game winner. People may remember last year in the Stanley Cup Finals game 5 Quick did the same thing that cost him a goal. The tragic part is...Jonathan Quick played out of his mind all game long, and for him to lose the game on a flub with his stick is terrible irony.

One of the most painful losses that I can remember

14. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Yup, that was a bad one. I hope they can bounce back!

In other news, apparently the Canucks game tonight is far from a sell-out, and they're discounting tickets. What gives? I can't imagine a playoff game in any other Canadian city that wouldn't sell out right away.

15. meggonzo

I saw empty seats on TV in Chicago last night too. WTF? Or should I just assume all those people were in the bathroom or at the concession stand?

16. meggonzo

hmm, something tells me that Ottawa and Montreal don't like each other too much ...

17. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

That game was insane. I've never seen anything like that before.

And now the Canucks are on the ropes.... and I couldn't be happier. :EVILLE:

18. meggonzo

I tried to stay up to watch the Canucks-Sharks game last night. I feel asleep before the 3rd period and woke up to see San Jose score and then score again 9 seconds later, and it took me a minute to realize it wasn't a replay. I figured I could go to bed at that point and while I was brushing my teeth San Jose scored again. awesome. :EVILLE: Also awesome was that Bret Hedican, aka Mr. Yamaguchi, was the Inside the Glass commentator.

19. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Well, well, well, guess the Leafs have come to play. Series is now tied at 3 each and I think the Leafs have all the momentum. They know they can win in Beantown, they know they can beat the Bruins. As long as Reimer continues to play like he has been, it might be the golf links for the Big Baddies :D (not that I would mind. I don't much like the Buins).

20. purple skates

Happy for the Red Wings for moving on. :cheer2:

I must admit I didn't expect that to happen. :shuffle:

21. AragornElessar

^^^You and me both!!

KHenry's going to *kill* me for this, but...I hated seeing the Kings/Blues series end, as it really was the best series of the 1st Round. Exciting close games w/lots of hard hitting hockey and great goals and saves....Wow!! Congrats to the Kings moving on, but I do wish it was still going on.

I'll start running for ground cover now. :D

And on that note...Little over a half an hour to go until Game Seven w/my boys in blue in Beantown. To say I'm nervous is a bit of an understatement. Only one thing left to say I guess...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Alixana and (deleted member) like this.
  22. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Yes, go leafs go... it's so close to the end that i can't watch and am wasting time on the internet instead....

23. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Leafs .. sigh. Experience over youth. Good season boys .. look forward to next year!

24. KHenry14

Leafs are clearly heading in the right direction. It's too bad that they lost, but they outperformed what everyone thought, so there is some solace there. Will be very curious if they decide to replace Reimer with either Luongo or Jonathan Bernier from my Kings.

Alixana and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Please, not Luongo. Can they afford Bernier?

On a different note, Dallas Eakins, gets my vote for providing a great training ground for NHLers. Kadri, Frazer, Holzer all contributed to a good Leafs season and Gardiner and Colborne played well against Boston.

26. KHenry14

Kings are going to want picks, not players. Kings gave up their #1 in the Jeff Carter trade with CBJ, and they will be looking to get back into the draft. But Bernier will be well worth it.

27. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Crapitals.

28. KHenry14

I don't mind you saying that...but I am real glad it ended when it did because my heart couldn't take it anymore!! 6 one goal games, two OT's all made it WAY too tense. But the end result is all that matters. Now on to take down the Sharkies, starting tonight.

29. purple skates

A month ago Detroiters were concerned that the Red Wings wouldn't make the playoffs at all. Now they are within one game of eliminating the Blackhawks. Wow.

30. meggonzo

Glad to see the Blackhawks win in OT after that late goal was waved off. It just wouldn't feel right if they didn't win! I'm looking forward to see how they'll match up with the Kings.