Italian skating/skaters news

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by pingu, May 30, 2011.

1. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

A very bad translation:

2. reut

reut Active Member

3. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Some Italian news:
    Mezzadri announcing her quitting after Sochi: http://www.artonice.it/?q=en/node/13788
    A picture of Carolina on top of a mountain in Oberstdorf :)

Cappellini/Lanotte are now going to train in Italy for a while; Berton/Hotarek and Valentina Marchei should be back in Italy soon to take part in the Italian Summer Tour.

4. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

You could ask Ondřej Hotárek how long it took him to learn Italian ;)

5. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

He even learned Milanese dialect :p I was born here and I don't understand a word of it :shuffle:

Anyway, Lorenza Alessandrini and Simone Vaturi have just created their own facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AlessandriniVaturiIceDance
    They are training in the USA now, but they should be back in Italy in September, when the rinks in Milan will open again.

6. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

7. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

8. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Federica is very expressive. I agree. Promising FD especially.

Does anybody know what's up with Alessandrini and Vaturi? I enjoyed their Mary Poppins SD last season. I believe they were injured. Have not heard any updates.

?

9. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

An interview with them should be published soon. Btw I can say that Simone has healed from the injury, and they are training for the next season :)

10. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this, reut. Luuuurve the beautiful pictures of Carolina.:swoon:

I read the GS interview and feel happy Carolina is having good summer training in Oberstdorf. BTW I thought she graduated from Torino Univ in 2010 but the article says she went back to her univ for exams at the end of this May. Is she still a student of Torino University? If so, what is she studying now?
    http://www.goldenskate.com/2013/07/kostner-begins-summer-training/

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  11. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

It's called DAMS: Discipline of Arts, Music and Show Business

12. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

Thank you, pingu.:)

13. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  14. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Congratulations! :cheer:

15. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

16. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

Code of Points is becoming a killer for the athletes. The lifts in dance especially compared with just a few years ago have become so much more acrobatic. The girls are swinging around with speed often around the man's head that I am so often amazed that there are not more injuries in training.

17. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Exactly, he got injured while performing a lift. It's not a big injury, but of course it's better to not compete this weekend, and let it fully heal.

18. mathil

mathil Active Member

Berton/Hotarek just performed their Dirty Dancing EX at Italia's got talent. Stefania explained to the judges that figure skating is losing popularity and that's why they decided to take part in the show :) they passed, obviously. If I find video I'll post it here.

19. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

I was wondering, what does happen once you pass? I mean, that's it or do you have to come back another day and perform again?

20. mathil

mathil Active Member

Basically, since they passed the first round they're now candidates to the semifinals :) once this part of the program ends (there's still two episodes until that), the judges will get together and decide who is going to get access to the semifinals.. If Stefania and Ondrej get selected, they'll have to perform again in the semifinals which are going to be aired live in a few weeks. In the semifinals, it's the audience who decides by televote who is going to the finals, and if Stefania and Ondrej pass again, they'll have to perform yet again in the finals.
    So assuming they get to the finals, it's three performances (which have to be different each time).

21. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

I think it was just a planned appereance to promote figure skating and Stefi and Ondrej and they are not actually competing

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  22. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

if this is not against the rules, I would like to let you new a little new project which involves pingu and me (and italian figure skating, of course).
    We will soon post new contents in a new website called Neveitalia and its facebook page.
    The website is temporarly only in Italian, but we will be uploading contents in english soon (mostly interviews). It covers all the others winter olympic sports as well and it is run, among others, by Massimiliano Ambesi, Eurosport Italy commentator.

The figure skating section is updated daily as well as the facebook page. I think you might find it interesting because, besides articles, videos are also posted and linked from you tube as soon as they're online. By following (liking) the facebook page, you will be able to find links for figure skating videos and results in real time.

I really hope it's not against the rules to promote a website, but I couldn't find any FAQ or guideline about it, so if you think it is just let me know about it.

23. mathil

mathil Active Member

I have to say that of the few articles that I read in the past days, I was very pleasantly surprised not only by their overall quality but also by how well-researched they are. Being a fan, I remember being very surprised when I read this article by the sheer amount of information in there -- very in depth, very accurate, with extensive quotes of interviews that were translated from japanese... I think you'd do international fans a favour if you could really upload content in English in the future :) keep up the good work!

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  24. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

25. reut

reut Active Member

26. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Thanks! It was interesting to read about her new programs and the way her costumes are designed. I really wonder when she is going to retire, I hope she's going to stay at least one more season after this one.

27. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I have never seen her look as strong and glamorous as she does this season. :respec: It would be so great if she could put two solid programs together. I'm glad she has stayed in. But unless it is one of those all-time great skaters, say Daisuke, where fans just cant stand to say goodbye when there is a hope of glory, it is always better to leave on a high note. JMO. Not that it happens very often!

28. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

Saturday the first national competition for ice dance was held in the skating rink of Forum in Assago, Milano. Pingu was there and interviewd the couples involved. This was a first test towards the designation for the 2nd ice dance couple to compete in Sochi. As pointed out before during the press conference at the Forum, the federation will sum up the tech scores of the national competitions + the 2 best international competition and therefore decide who to send in Sochi.

Here is the article about the competition in italian, and the interviews in italian and english, also !

29. mathil

mathil Active Member

Stefania and Ondrej performed last night during the semifinals of Italia's got talent, and qualified for the final which is going to be held live next Saturday :encore:

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Good to see the process for selecting the second Italian Ice Dance team for the Olympics being so transparent. I guess Guignard/Fabbri have it in the bag barring a disaster.

Great for them! Hopefully it's going to open more opportunities for them. :)