ISU Web TV

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by millipied, Apr 22, 2011.

1. millipied

millipied New Member

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Posted in the 2011 Worlds forum in Kiss and Cry:

3. millipied

millipied New Member

I better move to Afganistan.
    Seriously though, how come I am subjected to situation when I am restricted from watching the competition because someone bought it and then refuse to show.
    There must be some law prohibitng that? I am thinking seriously about filing formal complaint.

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I wonder how many skating fans there are in Swaziland?

5. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Ummm those of us in countries who don't have host broadcasters have had to go through that for years and haven't had access to services in the US and Canada because we are blocked.

6. Extranjera

Extranjera New Member

Nice to know that figure skating fans from Western Sahara can watch World Champs :p

7. Bunny Hop

Bunny Hop Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz

Well, personally I'm thrilled, as this basically means I'll be able to watch Worlds, which otherwise would not have been the case. $10US is a very reasonable price, particularly as the Aussie dollar is currently stronger!

I'm sorry for those in countries who can't access this service due to prior purchase by a broadcaster, but for those of us in countries that don't normally get ANY coverage (or not since the early 90s, when all we got was a one hour highlights programme several months after the event), this is very good news.

8. sammyf

sammyf Well-Known Member

I want to know where the country of Occupied is.

9. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

:rofl:

10. Aussie Willy

Hmmm I think it is what it was called after Loompa land got taken over by the Imperial forces so the Death Star could be rebuilt. I have heard it has a fantastic canteen.

Ozzisk8tr and (deleted member) like this.
  11. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

And Antarctica isn't a country last time I checked either. Wonder if the penguins have internet though. :lol:

12. Libertango

Libertango New Member

I've tested it and it works for me, it looks great, no annoying commentator :cool: But my internet connexion is crap :shuffle: Is there a way to watch it without the HD?

13. skoppa

skoppa Active Member

well they have some research people working there maybe there are figure skating fans there that are dying to see it. :)

14. love skating

love skating Clueless American

Reading the list of countries makes me think of Survivor!

15. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

You could always try to get an ip blocker to trick the Internet into thinking you were from one of those countries...

16. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

Its a shame that there is only the HD option, because in countries like Mexico we have one of the slowest bandwith (and expensive) internet, so for me the stream does play but it is like 5 seconds, pause, 5 seconds, pause, so it does not worth it even the cheap price

Hope they could stream like in HD and standard resolution, its a shame they dont consider the internet limitations that countries like in latinamerica have. We are way behind those in Europe, USA and Asia in terms of upload-download speed

17. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Burkina Faso, here I come!

18. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Universal Sports is charging $9.95 in the U.S. for live online streaming of Worlds.

The icenetwork has the gall to charge subscribers an additional $4.95 to view 2011 Worlds. New subscribers must pay the overly priced $39.95 for the season pass plus the additional $4.95 just to see Worlds. The season pass should include Worlds!!! (and aside from Worlds the season's viewing options on icenetwork are essentially over anyway). Such money grubbers.

19. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

I live in Brazil, and I paid for it today (apparently, the access has already been activated).

Let's see how this goes...

20. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

icenetwork.com is only charging $9.95 to non-season pass holders to watch Worlds.
    http://www.icenetwork.com/subscribe/

21. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Im a happy south american fanboy right now!!! :):)

22. beepbeep

The competition started, and the feed is working beautifully.
    10 bucks well spent.

23. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

I was geo-blocked by IceNetwork because even though I'm a US subscriber, I'm accessing this from Australia... but the ISU feed works just great for me. Thanks to all the techies who put this together! :40beers:

24. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

25. Bunny Hop

Bunny Hop Perpetually learning Dutch Waltz

Completely agree. It worked much better than I expected. Hope they do this for all the major competitions (e.g. Euros).

26. Aussie Willy

Just to add in my two cents about it. I thought after the test stream it wouldn't work for me because of my connection and bandwidth but it did. I had a few stutters where it would stop but it would just keep going from where it stopped. Picture quality was quite good.

I also noticed that you can go back and watch events so if you missed the live coverage you can still watch it. But I think it only last until May 6th.

I am so glad the ISU did this. One very happy skating fan here. I will send them an email to compliment them when it is over.

27. beepbeep

Is anyone that bought it still being able to watch on demand??

I tried today (we still have one day left) and it gave a screen in which I couldn't click on anything to see the skating...

28. Aussie Willy

Not sure. I know my expiry date was 6th May but I haven't had time to watch anything else.

29. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Ice Network wasn't even going to show Worlds in the first place. That was the deal initially. It was an added bonus.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  30. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

BTW, I didn't pay the extra 5 dollars for the IceNetwork coverage but I'm still able to access it on-demand.