ISU PPV Skating Channel

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by Braulio, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

I found this today (sorry if is in another thread) on the ISU Skating Channel

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/pay/index.html

They have an offer of 13.50 USD ´event pass´for the Grand Prix Final in Quebec, Live and On-Demand

And also they have under ´more products´ (Live and On Demand)

European Championships, 4 Continents and Worlds

each sold separately for $18.50 USD

You will have to test first to see if your internet is capable of the stream rate and if it is available in your country

2. FarFarAway

FarFarAway Choice is an illusion

WTF why is Russia left out again?

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Because Russia gets coverage through their networks.

But I am excited. Particularly for worlds. I might even take a couple of days off work so I can watch it.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

There is no list which countries are restricted on that website.

Is it only for Australia, New Zealand and Africa again? :p

Only that we don't.

Not full coverage anyway. :(

What is really infuriating is that the ISU, which obviously has access to full coverage and can easily show full events online - becuase it's not like there are scheduling clashes with other programs, it's internet tv that can show everything - doesn't.

Preliminary rounds aren't shown which means no record of them is going to exist because tv definitely isn't going to show them. :(

5. FarFarAway

As well as Europe and US on IceNetwork. For whom is this website then?

Regarding the coverage in Russia - GP was shown on Sport 2 channel which is very rare to find in cable networks because this is a new channel and Sportbox which requires good internet connection, which is not available for everyone still, and the quality of the picture is far from being perfect most of the time.

Anyway, I am ready to pay the money to ISU for watching this online, but I can't, and this frustrates me most. :mad:

6. care bear

care bear Active Member

This site will work for Australia, South America, Taiwan etc.

7. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think the last time they had a list of countries like all the African countries (because they are massive figure skating fans), South American countries (because they can't wait to see the Latin SD) and Antartica (because they have ice). Anyway any country that doesn't have a broadcaster who hasn't paid rights to show figure skating.

We have not got to see any figure skating except Olympics for years.

8. shuilee

shuilee Well-Known Member

USA wuzrobbed!! :mad: IceNetwork is NOT planning to show Euros or 4CCs live, and we don't have access to ISU PPV. This sucks!

9. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

I don't see where the coverage is listed.

Any chance we can get it in Canada? Probably not.

10. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

13.50 for GPF ??

Some inflation for last season's worlds, which was 10 bucks (and well worth it)

I'll still probably pay for Euros and Worlds though...

I'm in Brazil, and the FS coverage we get here is ZERO. So this kind of stuff is very welcomed.

11. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

So is Finland, too. It´s very sad since our TV shows only the ladies event well, but from other disciplinen we get to see only a couple skaters...

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

It's not listed, you have to run the test video to see whether it works for you.

And no, no chance of it working in Canada because tv rights to ISU Championships have been bought by one of your tv networks (of course they fact that network is only going to show tiny scraps is yet another matter :shuffle:).

13. HisWeirness

HisWeirness Happy Russian Hunger Games!

never mind...already posted!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  14. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

NOTHING is available in the US. :mad:

15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Because tv rights have been sold.

Don't complain, you got IceNetwork and Universal or whatever it's called now. ;)

16. Flatfoote

Flatfoote Active Member

Unrelated to the current discussion, but I felt compelled to share anyway....

Every time I scan the thread titles for topics I want to click on, this one catches my eye cause my brain does one of those "fill in the blanks" kind of thing, and I read, "ISU Puppy Skating Channel." :lol:

17. expo86

expo86 New Member

I want to see that channel, too! :lol:

:dog:

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Why doesn't the ISU channel show Preliminary Rounds?

I mean everything gets recorded on the judges' camera anyhow, why not stream it?

Or at least, make it available on YT, like the JGP videos.

Somebody find a contact in the ISU that we can mail/call/whatever to take this issue up.

It's so heartbreaking that nobody will get to see and appreciate the efforts those skaters and no record of their performance will exist anywhere (given video recording in the arena is now allowed). :( :mad:

19. Braulio

I will buy the PPV service, and there is a statement on the description of the event that they will start coverage on january 23, dont know if it is for real, but it gives a little hope that the preliminary rounds will get coverage

20. FarFarAway

Well, it seems like ISU made it quite clear at the beginning of the season that they won't be showing any preliminary rounds due to rights restrictions. The rights were sold to different countries in EU, Russia, Asia and America and these rights do include preliminaries. So no way. Except on their paid channel reserved for the countries where Euros and Worlds etc are not usually broadcast.

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

And I will also be praying that somebody records off the ISU PPV channel and posts the videos on FSVids.

Please let us know as soon as you can whether the Preliminary Rounds are going to be shown.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  22. Braulio

Ziggy I just purchased the PPV stream and it seems they will broadcast the preliminary rounds!

Right now the service says in red that the stream will start in exactly the same amount of time left (12 hours and 45 minute the moment im writing this) for the prelims of the ice dance competition in monday

I am glad that the ISU decided to show the prelims, now its more worth it the cost of the ppv service

23. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I did the test and this doesnt work in Japan either - unfortunately.

:( and :mad:

24. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

No it doesn't, because TV rights have been sold to one of the Japanese broadcasters.

Your broadcaster has bought the rights not to show you Euros. If I were you, I'd set myself on fire outside their headquarters. :p

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  25. Braulio

It is on right now, the ice dance preliminary round

26. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

I did the test and got to see a brief clip of a male skater. Is it possible I am not geo-blocked in Canada? Anybody else from here try it and/or buy it?

27. March_Hare

March_Hare Member

I'm in Canada and got a clip too - so it looks as if it'll work in Canada. It's a bit pricey but I don't think I'll be able to resist ...

28. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

So, I $18,50 less available for me on my credit card... Didn't resist it.

Decided to try on my Android phone, and it works!!! (on wi-fi, of course)

29. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Maybe they show the event in Japan live on the website of the TV company? They show quite a lot from Europeans in Finland on TV and everything in live streaming from the broadcast company´s website.

30. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Ah, it's such a pleasure that NOTHING is EVER broadcasted in Israel :saint:
    So, the channel is opened for me :p