ISU Junior Grand Prix dates & locations in Fall 2013

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 14, 2013.

1. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

Very disappointed with skate Canada not using the second ladies spot, yet there are three reserves listed!!! I hope they can still use two spots at future events?

ETA I see Japan has two entries here now, I hope that doesn't mean Canada gave away the second spot at future JGP events? I don't know the rules on that.
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  2. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

If Canada doesn't fill both ladies spots, then Japan as the #4 ranked country at JW 2013, gets first dibs for the vacancy. That's just another reason why Canada needs to send two ladies to every event.
  3. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Giving up spots for one event doesn't necessarily mean that Canada has given them up for all of them (they can pick and choose whether they are sending the full allotment for each individual event). However, according to the ISU Announcement [under 2.4, (a)], the countries would have had to indicate the number of spots they are intending to use by May 31, 2013. So the decision has already been made as to whether the spots will be used or not...opting not to use them for event #1 is not a great sign of things to come, so I'm not holding my breath. Very disappointing.

Canada and the US both opted to let pairs spots go unused as well in Riga, with the US only sending one pair and only two for Canada. Given how wide open that field is, it could have been an easy medal for a team like Seguin/Bilodeau, who appeared to have a strong debut at Skate Detroit.
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

5. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

Polina finally gets a JGP assignment :cheer:
  6. vexlak

vexlak Member