Is it that funny Speedy ?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by ratatouille, Apr 30, 2011.

1. ratatouille

ratatouille New Member

2. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

I hope he and Scott Hamilton found Daisuke afterwards and apologised.

3. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

It is quite possible that he was laughing about something else entirely. :rolleyes:

4. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

While doing the screwing motion?

Wait, that didn't come out right.

5. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I don't see anything wrong with what Speedy did. He was just having a light-hearted moment. To quote The Joker, "Why so serious?"

It looks like Speedy was amused by the repeated screwing motion; It doesn't mean that he was making fun of Daisuke's unfortunate equipment snafu or of Daisuke himself.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
    PDilemma and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Considering that the Youtube clip clearly shows Japanese fans laughing too, it is foolish to think that Cinquanta was laughing at Takahashi's problems. There must have been something else happening at the same time that made them all laugh.

7. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Was that feed being shown in the arena? If so, maybe they were laughing at Speedy clearly laughing that the situation, then realizing the camera was on him and got stone-faced as soon as he could.

8. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Hmmm..... Well, Cinquanta does know all about having a screw loose.... :shuffle:

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

If you did that, I wouldn't mind and I wouldn't judge you.

But he's the freakin' President of the ISU. His conduct at ISU events should be exemplary and he should be supporting all the skaters.

Ie. not entering/leaving in the middle of the performances, loudly talking through them or making fun of a skater who had a very unfortunate accident

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  10. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

What was more bizarre to me was seeing him all buddy buddy with Hammy. I guess it has to do with Hamilton being involved in that new pro-am thing the ISU announced. Speedy is bad enough on his own, I really don't need Hamilton having his ear now too...

11. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

LOL, what accident ? Nobody was hurt.
    Don't be shocked at anything Speedy can do. I'm not fond of him, but honestly, even Daisuke was laughing at this ! So, I don't see anything wrong. ;)

12. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Everyone shown on camera seemed to have been looking at the center ice video screens.
    Unless someone knows what was being shown, I wouldn't assume they were even seeing the quick fix taking place.

During delays at the US Nationals, the emcee went visiting the fans and the camera crew panned to funny hats and banners in the stands. I would assume that's what everyone was looking at, not what we were seeing.

I think the repair scene was funny not because of the "screwing" but because it's like shoeing a horse! The clock was running and that really is the safest and fastest way to tighten blade screws in a hurry.

Dice was good-natured about the situation and everyone was having a good time during the delay. Bravo to his "blade guy" for stepping in so quickly to take charge.

13. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

I was suprised about that, too, given the World Skating Federation planning committee not so long ago... Politics makes strange bedfellows, huh?