Is it me...or has Universal Sports brought Figure Skating from....

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Feb 22, 2012.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Say,I was just looking at Heather's Schedule,and she doesn't have March up yet. If there IS indeed Skating on next month. But I DID notice though,that there was no NBC. telecast of Skating for Feb. All of Feb. was taken up by Universal Sports. Does anyone know if NBC. has sold Skating to them? Or is it just an unlucky break that Skating was on a ch. I don't get? BTW. I have Comcast.

2. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

NBC owns Universal Sports, so they haven't sold skating to them - they own the channel.

I've noticed that the big events tend to appear on NBC - so US Nationals were on NBC. The smaller events, like 4ccs, are often on Universal Sports. I am hoping that some of Worlds will be on NBC, but we'll have to see.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Unfortunately, Comcast doesn't carry the Universal Sports channel at this time - there's a long thread titled "Universal Sports going off free tv.." in the TV Alerts forum about this topic/problem.

According to Heather W's TV skating schedule page, NBC is scheduled to air a taped broadcast of Worlds (1 week later) on April 8 from 3-6 pm Eastern time.

4. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

Even though NBC now owns Universal Sports, they didn't own it when Universal acquired the rights to several figure skating events (I'm not exactly sure which ones). So sometimes NBC is broadcasting something for which Universal actually owns the rights and vice versa.

5. wRECkSk8r

wRECkSk8r Active Member

Universal Sports will be showing the European Championships starting Saturday, 2/25, for those who have US.