1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone alarm glitch causes all sorts of problems

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by triple_toe, Jan 4, 2011.

1. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Article here

I thought I had just slept through my alarm, or there was something wrong with my iPhone when I happened to wake up way too late on January 1st and 2nd :eek:. Apparently, I was wrong. iPhones all across the world experienced the same problem! It was a global catastrophe! :drama:

Did this happen to anyone else here?

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Y2K bug showed up 11 years late! (Not really -- but it does remind me a little of all those dire predictions we had back then.)

3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I know they expected this to happen when daylight savings kicked in or something but I did not know problems would occur with the new year. In good news, I got my iPhone 4G today! My old 3G was giving me big problems holding a charge and would shut off at about 30% then it began shutting off at 50% so I got a new one. I love it.

4. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Apple is genius. Instead of just buying a new battery, you have to buy the whole thing. :lol:

5. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

No, I think you can buy a new battery. But is it worth it for a 2-year-old smartphone?

I haven't tried to use my iPhone as an alarm clock since the new year so I don't know what's going to happen...

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think I could have gotten a new battery, I know they could have fixed it for me but the phone was old and was previously my boyfriends. I was eligible for an upgrade and had a $100 giftcard I had gotten for Christmas. I figured now was as good a time as ever to get the new phone.

7. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Happened to me too. I happened to wake up on time anyway

8. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

It happened to me too. I set the alarm to wake me up for sunrise on our last day at the beach. Thankfully I was already awake so I didn't miss it.