iPhone alarm glitch causes all sorts of problems

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by triple_toe, Jan 4, 2011.

1. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Article here

I thought I had just slept through my alarm, or there was something wrong with my iPhone when I happened to wake up way too late on January 1st and 2nd :eek:. Apparently, I was wrong. iPhones all across the world experienced the same problem! It was a global catastrophe! :drama:

Did this happen to anyone else here?
  2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Sounds like the Y2K bug showed up 11 years late! (Not really -- but it does remind me a little of all those dire predictions we had back then.)
  3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I know they expected this to happen when daylight savings kicked in or something but I did not know problems would occur with the new year. In good news, I got my iPhone 4G today! My old 3G was giving me big problems holding a charge and would shut off at about 30% then it began shutting off at 50% so I got a new one. I love it.
  4. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Apple is genius. Instead of just buying a new battery, you have to buy the whole thing. :lol:
  5. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

No, I think you can buy a new battery. But is it worth it for a 2-year-old smartphone?

I haven't tried to use my iPhone as an alarm clock since the new year so I don't know what's going to happen...
  6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think I could have gotten a new battery, I know they could have fixed it for me but the phone was old and was previously my boyfriends. I was eligible for an upgrade and had a $100 giftcard I had gotten for Christmas. I figured now was as good a time as ever to get the new phone.
  7. Carolla5501

Carolla5501 Well-Known Member

Happened to me too. I happened to wake up on time anyway
  8. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

It happened to me too. I set the alarm to wake me up for sunrise on our last day at the beach. Thankfully I was already awake so I didn't miss it.