Interviewing PJ Kwong: questions anyone?

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by manleywoman, Jul 7, 2011.

1. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

I'm interviewing PJ Kwong for my skatecast! I'm doing my last-minute homework and getting prepared. If anyone has any questions for me to ask her, post here. Thank you!

2. seaner00

seaner00 New Member

maybe ask how she got into working and commentating for CBC.

3. flowerpower

flowerpower Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to hear about her background - her own skating/coaching experiences and how her career progressed from there to her current work in announcing and commentating.

Also, since she seems to have a real passion for the sport, who and what inspired that passion? And what does she believe the sport needs in order to grow and thrive today?

4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Since she uses input from social media a fair bit in her broadcasts on the CBC main network (e.g. reading comments from the threads she starts on FSU) I would be interested to hear her thoughts on the impact of social media on the sport.

5. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Is she single? I cook, clean, and do laundry.

6. Amy03

Amy03 Member

who does she like the most out off the current top ladies?:

mao asada
    yuna kim
    miki ando

7. npavel

npavel Well-Known Member

She picket for world podium Kim, Asada and Kostner. How did she come to that conclusion as many her on the forum picket Ando as a real medal contender? What do she think of the russians now and future stars in ladies?

8. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

I’d love to know how she stays alert and coherent for a whole competition, especially the ones that take place during the wee hours of the morning here in Canada. Oh, and of course, what does "Pj" stand for? ;)

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What trends does she coming in skating leading up the next Olympics?
    Will the emphasis be on more Quads for men/Triples for ladies; or will the pendulum swing toward presentation/skating skills?

Thank her for the outstanding job she does, please; and let her know she is appreciated in the US, too!

10. manleywoman

Thanks all. Interview in 15 minutes!

11. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Nevermind...

12. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

Wow, can't wait for this one. Hope all went well.

13. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

"What Should Cinquanta Do?"

14. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Please give her our sympathy on the recent passing of her mother.

15. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

She doesn't have to answer this one, but it would be interesting to find out her thoughts on Phil Hersh's coverage of the Rachel Flatt story.

Not so much about the controversy surrounding Flatt herself, but rather what she thinks of the journalism by Phil.

16. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Even if PJ Wong disgagrees with Phil, I doubt she would be tacky enough to publicly criticize him in an interview.

17. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

My deepest sympathy on the passing of her mother as well. I have read in her blog that her mother was battling cancer. When did Pj's mom pass away?

18. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

How would that be tacky? There is not infrequent commentary on how someone covered a story, like "I wish he had asked the hard questions". And why do you think, she would necessarily criticize him?

19. manleywoman

Recently, like within the past 6 weeks. She'd had cancer for over 24 years :eek:. Quite the fighter.

I did ask what she thought of other TV commentators from other countries, and if she'd been able to listen to them, and she hadn't had time to do so. I certainly have my opinions about who does it well and who does it poorly (limiting myself to english and french of course, since I can't understand the other languages), so I was hoping she might have heard other commentators and had an opinion as well.