Inexplicable Events/Things You Have Witnessed/Experienced

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cachoo, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

This idea came from another website: This can be anything--surviving an accident that might have easily killed you, seeing something you cannot explain or seeing something that surprises you (for example a friend's grandfather dying unconscious but with a huge grin on his face.)

Here is mine:
    One leaf of a large plant in my living room shaking violently--no vents are near it or fans were going and the rest of the plant was still. I don't know how to explain it (I do not believe in ghosts btw.)

Leaving a family bbq ten minutes after my parents, I came to one road and the traffic was backed up and I saw flashing lights in the distance. I somehow knew then and there it was my folks. Thankfully they and the woman they plowed into survived the accident.

2. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

My husband walked away from an accident with hardly a scratch just after Christmas. He slid on ice on a ramp and spun out hitting an oncoming semi basically head-on. Our truck was totaled but he was fine. Sheriff's deputy said to him "you should not be standing here talking to me; your wife should be deciding whether to donate your organs."

3. znachki

znachki Active Member

Years ago, my mom was taking my brother and me to our annual physical appointment. It's probably 2:30 - 3:00. We're driving down the interstate in the city, in the 3rd lane in when the tire blew and spun the car around across all lanes of traffic. We ended up on the shoulder, facing the correct direction, and there was not one car around us when it happened. We easily could've all been killed, and take a few other people with us.

4. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

I was driving home from college on I-79 one year and it was pretty snowy out. I hit a patch of ice and ended up spinning around to face the wrong direction. Luckily I wasn't going very fast because of the bad conditions, or I would've been in the ditch. There was not much traffic, but a semi was approaching in my lane. The semi slowed down and flashed his lights at me, basically blocking traffic until I could turn my car back around. Thank you semi driver! :cheer2:

There was another snow-driving incident when I totaled my car on not-so-bad roads. The guy I hit and me were on the shoulder of I-90 talking to a cop when another car spun off the road really fast and went down in the ditch. It didn't occur to me until later that if he'd been a little closer, he would've taken us all out.