Ilynich/Bukin????

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Tak, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if these two were ever a team? I thought I read something like this and now can't find where it was. Does anyone have any information?

Were these two ever skating together? How were they? Why did they split up? More importantly - are any videos available of what they looked like?

It's an intriguing partnership to me. I saw Bukin on TV at JrGPF and he looked very good - better than his partner. I would have thought him and Elena would be a kind of dream team - but perhaps they just didnt suit each other. I'm curious about them - does anyone have any information or opinions?

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Yes, they were. It's on their ISU bios, and it was mentioned in the GS article about Stepanova/Bukin.

While I think Bukin is excellent, I don't see any reason to split such a promising team like I/K.

3. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

According to some very unreliable source she briefly skated with Bukin in Svinin-Zhuk group before leaving to the USA. Taking she's just 16 now I reckon she skated with Bukin when she was around 13-14? Obviously, I have no idea how were they, why did they split up and 've never seen any videos.
    Oh, opinions? Well, yes, I think Ilinyh/Katsalapov are great together...

4. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Maybe I should clarify - I'm not knocking Katsalapov. What I meant is that she must have been skating with Bukin first, then left him for Kat - at least that is how I took it when I first read it. I was just wondering how/why Ilynikh/Bukin broke up, since they are both great dancers, and from what I saw of them [with different partners] would have been good together.

5. Anya

Anya Active Member

She skated with Katsalapov first, as a kid. There are videos of them doing "Cats" FD on youtube, around 2003, I think. Then they split and parted ways, she briefly(?) skated in Svinin & Zhuk group (presumably with Bukin) and then moved to the USA to Shpilband & Zoueva (presumably without a partner). He skated with other partners in Russia. Then they reunited.

Tak and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Thanks Anya - now I've got the whole story :)

For being still so young I/K have had quite a career so far!

7. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Unreliable sources say Ilinykh skated with Bukin for like a season (or a year).

8. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

Does unreliable mean you think it never happened and this is just some internet rumor? Or you dont think it was for the whole season?

9. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Well, I don't think anything, I just repost information from FSO. I don't know this guy (who posted the information on FSO) so I'm careful about it.

Tak and (deleted member) like this.
  10. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

11. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

It could have been - I'm not sure now where I got this idea from. Thanks!