Ilinyh/Zhiganshin, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Zabijako/Larionov, Bazarova/Deputat

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by TAHbKA, Apr 6, 2014.

1. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Updates on the Russian pairs/ice dancers from Elena Vaytsekhovskaya in sport-express.ru
    The Estonian team Natalia Zabijako/Alexandr Zaboev, who were 10th in the Europeans 2014 split. the decision was voiced by Zaboev on his facebook page where he wrote his partner's decision came a surprise. The new partner of the 19y.o. Zabijako is the Russian 28y.o Larionov, who skated for years with Vera Bazarova and medaled 3 times in the europeans.
    They will be coached in Moscow by Mozer. They will be able to compete internationally in a year from now after Zabijako sits out a season.

According to Sport-express information Bazarova should continue her skating career as well. She already has an agreement with a new coach and a new partner, it should be ok-ed by the federation next week.

Another change is in the ice dance: starting tomorrow Elena Ilinyh, who skated up till now with Nikita Katsalapov will be training with Ruslan Zhiganshin. They plan working in Moscow in Kustarova/Alexeeva group.

As for Ilinyh's ex partner Katsalapov who wants to skate with Sinitsyna - all will depend on how fast they can do the paper work. Nikolai Morozov who is to coach them is wrapping up his work in Russia and is moving to Hackensack.

2. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Let me say it: :scream:

3. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I second TAHbKA. And:wuzrobbed

4. Marta24

Marta24 Member

I'm just so shocked that this is really happening. I knew about the rumors, but I never thought they would really go through with it. I think, the big winner in this situation will be Zhiganshin, who gets one of the best female ice dancer in the world as a new partner.

The realtionship between Nikita and Elena must have been really strained if the Russian Federation was ready to go with this split.

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

All I can say is wow! :scream:

6. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

7. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

The big winners are Bobrova & Soloviev, who get a chance to regroup after a disastrous season, while the two teams who are most competitive with them self-destructed.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

Am curious to see Ilinyh and her mom getting along with Kustarova/Alexeeva. Am also curious to see what Ilinyh's costumes will look like (recalling Bobrova's horrors... :scream:)

9. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Oh the lost potential greatness of I/K...gone...:fragile:
    And another cringeworthy catastrophe is sooo going to happen.
    Kustarova will absolutely **** up I/Z, why don't they go to Igor or Krylova or even Linichuk for God's sake?!
    I wonder who Bazarova's new partner will be. They sure found one fast.

10. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for the update TAHbKA. :)

I know there have been even more high profile partner breakups in the past (most notably Rodnina & Ulanov), but has there ever been this many high profile partner switches/breakups in one season?

11. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I can't see both ice dance teams surviving (and thriving). One of them will explode.

I wonder who Vera will be skating with.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Marta24

Marta24 Member

Well, I have the little hope that they learned their lesson with Bobrova and won't put Elena in those monstrosities that Bobrova had to wear. Who knows, maybe this situation will be better for Elena. She doesn't have to deal anymore with Morozov (thank god, but poor Victoria, though :( ) and maybe Ruslan fits her better character-wise.

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

This also means Leonova is now coachless as she said she wasn't moving to the US. I wonder if Vasiliev is splitting up Gerboldt and Enbert, especially if her injury is still a problem. :watch: I love the Russians.

14. Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon New Member

:eek::eek: ....the Russians sure do not do things by halves. Am :wuzrobbed about I/K. Excuse while I rummage for a large whiskey to calm my nerves.

15. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I'm just stunned. Really thought the relationship between Elena and Nikita was improving, and I wish it was Morosov whot got ditched.

Elena gets the better end of the deal here.

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Lyinna

Lyinna Member

:mad::eek::scream: It's so sad, I loved Zabjiko/Zakroev. And I don't get it. If Larionov has one year to loose, why not use this year to fix Vera's jump?

And for I/K split I'd rather not even think about it.

17. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

:p, B/S will win Worlds !

18. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

This is all completely fecked up.

I can't even begin to think about the I/K split (they were to be legends in my book) and the fact that we're gonna see Oily oiling himself all over Victoria next season. :scream:

Also, all the exciting "up'n'comer" pairs from Euros are splitting too. :huh: First Davidovich/Krasnapolski, now Zabijako/Zaboev. Zabijako was the one that was actually Estonian in this pairing and now they're going to skate for Russia? What a shame, especially since Estonia qualified two spots for Europeans.

19. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

This.

She said she wouldn't move to the US to train for the whole summer, let alone permanently.

What a reversal: Estonia wouldn't give Zaboev a passport, and now they lose their Pairs woman to Russia. If one of her parents is an Estonian citizen, ie, she didn't apply at 15 or older, then she won't have to give up her Estonian (EU) passport.

20. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Today is April 6th here.:watch:

21. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

you speak out of my heart; i really have no clue, why they not even try it with linichuk, holy shit.

i had the small hope (and fear the same time) kiril khaliavin mightbe the lucky guy, but seems he stays with monko and i hope they will not take the gorshkova/buikov route.
    but come on, b/s and stepanova/bukins chances increased by a mile :D

unfortunately i cannot imagine what i/z will look like, but let's wait and see.

22. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

To be honest I don't think I/Z is going to work out. Although Ruslan is very good he is no match for Elena. Also they don't have the look Elena and Nikita had together.
    Nikita and Victoria could actually work out but only for a limited amount of time because Morozov will sleep with her anyway.

23. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

I think that Ruslan is a better skater than Nikita is, but I worry whether he's tall enough or mature enough to handle Elena. Granted he mentioned once that when he was with Sinitsina, his goal was to showcase and nurture her or something like that, so hopefully he can handle her. I am so happy for Bobrova and Soloviev though. Probably one more national championship at least guaranteed for them even if they do their free dance to the chicken dance!

24. TAHbKA

TAHbKA Well-Known Member

According to her ISU bio she was born in Tallinn. Assume she has an Estonian citizenship by birth

25. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

She only has it by birth if at least one of her parents is Estonian. If both of her parents were Russian and opted to keep Russian citizenship or didn't qualify under the laws that were meant to put up road blocks for Russians who moved to Estonia in Soviet Times -- waiting periods, language tests, etc., -- or didn't complete all that before she was born in 1994, then she would have had to be naturalized.

There was a lot of scrambling around the years around the transition.

26. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

:wideeyes::dog::scream::(:(:eek::eek::(:slinkaway:huh::lynch::argue::wall::soapbox::angryfire:duh:

This sums my reaction to this

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  27. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

At least the off-season won't be as boring. :watch:

28. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I want Elena Ilinyhk to win all of the things. That is all that I want.

This is the worst announcement in years.

29. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

That's more partner swapping than in the Russian TV ice shows :watch:

But seriously, what where they all thinking? And did everyone accept the first person who offered a partnership?

30. Bue

Bue New Member

Yep. It's rare that the off season is more exciting than the actual season!

Does anyone have any insight into how this would have been engineered? I never believed the I/K rumour (more fool me) but the straight swap is even more surprising.

For some reason I am hating the concept of the I/Z partnership.