IFS Article on Clara Peters and Irish Skating Past & Present

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/32496-clara-peters-on-the-edge-of-a-dream

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Clara on her move to the US and working with new coaches.

I always liked how matter-of-fact she's been about her skating and what she needs to do to improve. Hopefully she can start trying triples in competition this next season. Was it 3sal or toe that she was working on?

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

This was posted in an earlier Clara Peters thread:

4. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Thanks, Sylvia. Even better if it's both! Fingers crossed she gets away from the automatic -3s she used to get in the SP for the combination and solo jump out of ftwk.

5. gofigure

gofigure Active Member

I find her totally captivating. Great article!

6. k_kids

k_kids New Member

Clara is a fantastic skater, who brings a lot of artistry that has been lost with IJS! Best of Luck to her this season!

allezfred and (deleted member) like this.
  7. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

What a great story!

8. Kelvster

Kelvster Well-Known Member

Clara is absolutely loved here

She really needs to be able to land (or at least rotate ...) the 3 salchow (and hopefully, another 3 jump).

If this happens, then I don't think Sochi is only a distant dream ... she may not qualify next year via the World championships route, but at the olympic qualifiers in Sep 2013, then who knows ...

K.

9. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

Given the new qualifying scores for Worlds, I'd say the Olympic qualifier in September 2013 will be where she has to do it.

10. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I love Peppermint Clara!

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Bumping up this thread from last year to post this new article on Clara Peters and her current goal to qualify an Olympic berth for Ireland at Nebelhorn this fall: http://sportsnewsireland.com/other_...-peters-looks-ahead-to-sochi-2014-2013-05-06/

The Ice Skating Association of Ireland's site is very active these days (their Facebook page, too) and has news on the recent Irish Nationals as well as international competitions and experiences for Peters and several other Irish skaters: http://isai.ie/

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    allezfred and (deleted member) like this.