If Yuna Kim competes at 2018 Olympic, How she will be able to achieve

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by torren, Jul 30, 2013.

?

how Yuna kim will be able to do at the 2018 olympics

1. Gold

60.7%
  2. silver

3.6%
  3. bronze

7.1%
  4. Top 5

3.6%
  5. Top 10

14.3%
  6. lower than top 10

10.7%
  1. torren

torren New Member

I already strongly guess her country, sports organizations of nation will make her to compete at the 2018 Olympics which is held in Korea
    If She is there, what do you think about how she will be able to do there

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. HVS

HVS Member

You created a interesting poll, thank you :D

I will be more happy if we have a "podium" pick rather than exactly color of medals, but that's okay, I voted for gold :cool:

Well, I don't know if she able to keep her form to make my wish real, but think that, if Carol can be Olympic contender at the age of 27 (28?) I see no problem for Yuna to skate for Gold for a third time (wow!!!), she has superior technical as well as amazing artistry :cool:

But this is just one side, another side based on will she really want to or just be forced by her nation, we probaly can see a magic win same as 2013 Worlds or regret skates like 2011 Worlds

3. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Not bothered to vote. I can bet with my head :p that she won't be competing in 2018. She has enough to live comfortably for a long time unless... she wants to be bionic man like Plushenko.:D

4. torren

torren New Member

I think her nation will force kim to compete and she will skate there whether she don't want or not
    Honestly even I'm curious she herself really wanted to make comeback last year

5. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I mean really...who knows what kind of shape she'll be in by 2018? Never mind the fact she has stated explicitly several times that she will not compete after the Sochi games. On top of all that, who knows which skaters will emerge in the next 5 years.

These polls are getting more and more ridiculous. I swear this off season can't end fast enough.

6. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Probably gold if she does compete. I am not sure how likely it is that she will choose to compete though.

7. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

She will probably get good seats... (j/k)

She will do well, but I do not think she would win. Her heart has to be in it, and I don't think she will have that drive by then.

8. invierno

invierno Member

I'm pretty sure that she will perform at gala. And I think it's highly possible that she will be on the commentator seat. :)

KSU can beg her to compete, but they can't force her to do anything. If you don't compete, what? We'll ban you from watching nationals? From having shows? Doing commercials? :lol:

Yes, 2012 Worlds result for Korea can happen again in 2017.
    Yuna is doing her best to nurture Korean figure skating by giving the likes of Haejin and Soyeon a chance to compete at a bigger competition like Olympics, and the rest is up to them. Yuna can't babysit them forever and I think she knows it well.

9. froh1981

froh1981 New Member

Min Jeong Kwak competed at the 2012 World Figure Championships and placed 28th.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzdUDxVBjQY
    That's why Yuna came back to competition to earn olympic spots.
    That might happen again.

10. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Physically Yuna could compete in 2018 considering she took almost 2 full seasons off in 2010-2012. Even last season she only had one real major competition at Worlds in those other two events she really didn't push herself so she's not had much wear and tear since the 2010 Olympics.

11. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

She will light the flame and be major presence but competing? I don't know! South Korea has all the ST speed skaters too!

12. torren

torren New Member

Oh, seems there's not hope in future
    Even will they be able to earn spot for 2018 oly? The rule that hosting country can get 1 ticket in each discipline is not effective from 2018 oly
    No way they can get spot for 2018 olympic

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  13. caseyedwards

If she wanted to keep her options open then she would have to go to 2017 worlds if she wondered if she could win 3 golds in a row. If not other south Korean lady looks like they could get 1 in 2015 to 2017. But if she has no interest in going to a third after winning two in a row. She just be retired from skating and it's not up to her.

14. HVS

HVS Member

Read your words here make me realize how amazing Yuna is. From the nation where "no way other athletes can get spot for Olympic", Yuna appears and we disscuss about her whether she could win 3 OGM in a row :rofl: BIG WOW!!!!!!!!

Okay, I must move to Yuna's dominance theard :lol:

15. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

During an exhibition gala, an international spy/pairs skater will get a knife in the back and die in yuna's arms after whispering in her ear about a plot to assassinate plushy at the 2018 olys. Yuna's son will then be kidnapped and Yuna told that if she doesn't skate in 2018, it's curtains for the kid. She'll skate a brilliant LP to storm cloud cantata, win the ogm, but when it comes time for plushy to do his quad toe, she'll suddenly scream from the k&c area and he'll fall, causing Casey Edwards to misfire. Chaos will ensue and Yuna will be reunited with her son, who will sing que Sera, Sera with her during the oly gala.

16. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Based on how she skated at the 2013 Worlds, I think she'll win gold again. If you asked me before the 2013 Worlds, I wouldn't have said that.

17. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

Can't decide whether this is Hitchcockean brilliance or just Baysean (Michael) histrionics :D. But you're on a roll.

18. torren

torren New Member

seriously? I am not underrate her ability. even You saw her such levels, regardless how great she is, Let's to be*realistic. It is impossible in modern figure skating. I don't expect to see three time olympic champion in ladies in Future ever. Not only for Ladies, but also even impossible for Mens. Even twice olympic gold is also mostly impossible in modern figure skating.

At that time she is 27. many talented girls Adelina, gracie, Zijun, tuk will more develop. Do you think kim at 27 can win these ladies?

19. HVS

HVS Member

I do think that :lol:

How about Kostner in next Olympic? She will be 27 next year and she still an OGM contender along with Yuna & Mao in Sochi

All depend on Yuna, if she really wants it, anything could happen

20. Keftiu

Keftiu New Member

I totally agree with your opinion.
    All is up to Yuna, and I think Yuna can beat any ladies if she really wants to compete in 2018 OGM.

21. torren

torren New Member

honestly I just knew that 'carolina is 27 at sochi'. About Age problems.. well It seems ok.
    but Anyone know how young girls will develop their technical contents in future? Gracie said she is training 3A and more difficult jumps

22. HVS

HVS Member

Right after 2010 Olympic we already discussed about "the future girls" like Mirai, Caroline, Russian wonders, ... like all of them will be main contender for Olympic Gold in Sochi for sure.

What happen now? Yuna is once again a OGM favorite, as much as 4 years ago, along with veterans like Mao and Carol, that's say something out loud

Same as future, we don't know what will happen, if you believe in these young girl, that's good for you, but I will rather believe in a phenomenal Yuna kim, because for her it's not only a theory or hopeful but also proven fact

23. caseyedwards

Gracie doesn't need to develop a 3A at all! She could do Lutz and Flip combos with 3 toes and be set!!

24. torren

torren New Member

I discussed about age problems. noticed there were skaters who getting older and still good or even better like carol, or suzuki.
    but I don't know whether kim would be able to keep her shape of now. If she can do that, talented newbies like gracie will need develop than now them, to be a strong skater as much as mao or caro or miki. Because only they could win kim in few years. If kim has not ability to keep good shape at 27, and I think so, I guess she would be just top10

25. Gabybackhand

Gabybackhand Member

It is hard to say. She would be old for amateur singles skating by 2018 and normally shouldnt be able to win, but the new generation skaters are quite unimpressive and not the talents even Rochette or Kostner types are.

26. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Omg lol. I thought this was asking about 2014 and I just realized it was asking about 2018 when I revisited the poll. I don't think that she will win in 2018. She won't be there.

27. Gabybackhand

Gabybackhand Member

She would be on home ice in 2018 which would make her even harder to beat unless there is someone way better than her. Plus the huge rep power she has from all her past titles.

28. torren

torren New Member

She defeated by Mao in GPF 2008 which was held in her home ice. I remember, she could not get huge home advantage like Patrick chan. she was judged the similar way with the other events
    So, she would compete at home ice is useless at this point

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  29. Gabybackhand

Gabybackhand Member

She had 3 huge mistakes at that event and lost to Mao who had 1 when Mao had much harder programs at the times.

30. torren

torren New Member

Of course I know she was 2nd for sure. What I wanted to say was she defeated on home ice, could not win by home advantage.

And what is laughable is... even before considering home advantage... To home ice advantage work for her to beat top skaters and win, ah even to get medals, first of all she should be medal contender at that time.
    but normally people don't think that she would be medal contender at 27

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013