If you wanted a Skating Partner,what type of arranged Partnership would you want?

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by FSWer, Sep 22, 2011.

What type of Partnership would you want?

1. A plain match-up just from my coach.

50.0%
  2. A Brother/Sister Partnership with my Sibling.

7.1%
  3. A Partnership with a Friend

42.9%
  4. A partnership with a Family Friend.

7.1%
  5. A partnership with a Schoolmate.

7.1%
  6. A Partnership with a Workmate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other.

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Ok.....I don't think we've ever talked about this. But what I want to ask you all today is...if you wanted a Skating Partner....what type of Partnership would you want? Please mark all that apply. Please include if you would do Dance or Pairs. I myself would do Both Pairs and Dance. If I had to choose though. I'd say Dance.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I think the most important thing would be someone I could skate with and who I got along with. It wouldn't really matter who introduced me to them or how I met them.

3. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

I put partnership with a friend and it would be for dance.
    I already skated with my brother and that ain't happening again (he hasn't skated since we quit competing and is now a cop). It's certainly easy when you skate with a sibling because there's always mom and dad to referee but now I'd want to skate with a friend because since I'm an adult skating is purely for fun.

4. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

I voted "other" because I want my rich daddy to find me a Russian Hunk pair partner, and pay my expenses while I live and train in St. Petersburg. (wink)

5. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

:rofl: Ditto!

6. julianaqtpi

julianaqtpi New Member

I would do both pairs and dance if I got the opportunity, but I love ice dance so I would pick that over pairs. I'm working on my pre-silver dances, and I've tested the standard track and solo track, but there are no ice dancing males in my area except one, and he's not interested in competing with a partner, plus he's on a lower level for dance than I am.

I wouldn't care, I just would love to find an ice dance partner. Any kind of match-up would work, I'd be okay with anything. Of course a friend would be nice, but like I said, there are no male dancers around here except that one.

7. IceStar101

IceStar101 New Member

Probably Free although I sometimes do dance pairs for compulsory dances xx

8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Absolutely. That's my case.
    But it's not only a matter of friendship. I need to feel good and comfortable, and it's harder to find than just a friend. lol

9. Synchkat

Synchkat New Member

So true to the bolded. You don't want skating with a partner to be a "chore".