If you like both D/W & V/M but love other couples..........

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by PashaFan, Nov 2, 2013.

1. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Morosov just keeps giving I/K programs which the judges won't go with.
    Maybe it would be good for both The Shibs & I/K to traing side by side.
    It has worked for D/W & V/M. But I really felt that V/M should have changed coaches for this Olympic season.

2. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

Problem for V-M is that they should've left earlier. Say, last year? Then again, I am not too sure we would've gotten Carmen if they had. So, yeah, tricky to say. I think V-M should've gone with Lauzon and Dubreuil. After all, they have a good team in Canada, they have a great outside choreographer in Swan, so, I feel that could've worked. Alas. My dream choreographer for them was always Krylova, but the timing was never right.

As for I-K, I think Igor's teams are struggling a bit? Sure, this could change in the future, but if I were them, I'd pick Anjelika. They could learn so much from her.

3. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I've loved the choreography that Igor's teams have. But the judges don't seem too sure.
    Why did V/M remain with Marina?. I could not trust my coach if their other team was beating me.

4. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Loved the TEB short dances!! Four of my five favorite SDs for the year all in one group (VM, IK, PB, ZG)! Can't ask for better than that :D SB scores all around!! Woo-Hoo!

5. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

That's what I was going to say !.
    I really enjoyed the top four. I/K marks were so good. Almost touching P/B. Z/G SD is the best they have done but I just wish they would ditch their new FD.
    V/M fantastic as usual.
    The new French couple in the opening group were amazing. Look out C/J next season. They may not get the chance to be French Number 1 when P/B retire.

6. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

So the TEB podium was a bit shocking! When PB's score posted and that ordinal said "2" I honestly felt a little sick for them. I loove IK (as evidenced by my posts!), but I don't think they should've beaten PB. And I was too sad for PB to be happy for IK, lol. That medal ceremony was painful.

Anyone else care to share their thoughts/ opinions? I can't be the only one thinking WTF!

7. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

I really prefer P/B, but thought I/K did really well I am not a skater, so can only go with my gut feeling, and I was impressed by the programme I/K skated today. That said, my heart bleeds for Nathalie and Fabian.

8. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

P/B got a one point deduction for an extended lift and that one point difference would have put them in the silver position.

I don't quite get the PCS scores of 9+ for I/K. I thought they were good but not quite that good, high 8s maybe.

9. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I hope you're right. I do NOT want to see them go to Marina. What they need at this point in their career is a good technical coach - someone who can clean up their steps and help with their twizzles. That is not Marina IMO.

Krylova would be a good choice - but she has W/P and I wonder what they would think about training with I/K. For the next cycle they would be in direct competition with one another and when one of them starts being beaten by the rinkmate we are going to have the same comments about the coach throwing one of them under the bus. I know they took P/B, but at that time W/P was Can No 2, while P/B was French No 1, and they were not really competing for the same thing [P/B for 3rd, W/P for top 6 and GPF slot IIRC]. The next 4 years W/P will at least start out as No. 1 and will clearly be aiming for the podium. I/K will certainly want the podium as well. I think with Igor they have a better chance of getting it.

10. googooeyes

googooeyes Member

I'm really loving V/M, D/W, W/P and I/K this year and that surprised me!
    I think D/W have a better free dance this year and it will carry them to OGM, although I prefer V/M's performance.
    This has made think about Marina as a coach; I wonder what success means to her? Is it producing one team with two Olympic Gold Medals and one team that never got there, or, is it producing two teams that were able to achieve Olympic Gold Medals? She does the best for all her teams but it must be hard to manage that all at in one rink.
    W/P have been my up and coming favourite for a long time now. I think they are contenders as future world champions after D/W and V/M retire. But I see so much in I/K! They have surprised me and I think they will get better. They will be there too.

11. icedancelover

icedancelover New Member

C/L are shining this season. I also like W/P and D/W...but the italians have a very interesting charisma and conection. :)

12. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I felt so sorry for them. It's their last TEB & as they were skating I was thinking how beautiful their program was. Yes, I/K were amazing but they was something special about Nathalie & Fabian last night. My jaw dropped when I saw their placing.
    This is a real worry for them with the Olympics less than 4 months away.
    I also have to say that in terms of excitment I/K & P/B were a little ahead of V/M in the free (For me). But they did deserve to win.
    But V/M have real problems too. The judges kinda ditched them last night. I though the program worked better than at Skate Canada (Loved Tessa's new green dress).
    I really can't see anyone other than D/W winning Gold now.
    The Bronze maybe between I/K, P/B & W/P, B/S.
    Next weeks Cup Of Russia will be interesting.
    Still so gutted for Nathalie & Fabian.

13. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

So I ventured over to the V/M thread for a read and WOW those people are insane.. It's one thing to be a passionate fan, but most seem incapable of admitting truths and remaining respectful. SMDH! I just wish all teams that make it to Sochi do personal best performances they can feel totally satisfied and happy with..

marmalade and (deleted member) like this.
  14. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Wow indeed. Sure, the "dramatiks" run quite high at times, but to call an entire thread of posters insane seems to be equally dramatik and disrespectful. Feel free to disagree with whomever you wish, but please, do it that thread and not here. There's enough VM and DW discussion everywhere else, and this is a place we can discuss the other deserving dance teams.

15. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

Heck no, I'm not bringing anything specific up! This thread is a breath of fresh air.. Simply pointing out that here there exists a certain level of decorum still which is great.. I'm excited for great dances from everyone!

16. ComplimentsFrom

ComplimentsFrom Banned Member

"New Pasha"-- that's really high praise! You have to have a outer-worldly mental make-up to be a Pasha. I mean, you have to have no moral hesitancy in regards to your actions on and off the ice.

17. marmalade

marmalade Hiding Johnny's Birkins

She date(d? is it over now?) Morozov. That demonstrates lack of moral hesitancy. :glamor: indeed. Rock it, Elena! Nikita ain't too shabby, either. By far, IMO, the most striking team out there today.

While I'm here, I'm holding out hope that H/D can grow (she's a diva in the making), and I really enjoy W/P, P/B (((Nathalie))), and C/L. Each brings something distinct and unique to the table. Can't wait until next year when the voidy teams can go back to what they do so well (I/K, looking at YOU). :D

18. ComplimentsFrom

What? Pasha dated Morozov? I didn't know that. ...Why am I surprised, Pasha probably dated my mailman.

19. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

This is why I started this thread. I would go into the V/M & D/W threads & feel like I could not say anything that was not total praise. I like both couples but they don't skate perfect every time. No one does.
    & Hey ! stop the Pasha hate. Yes, she was off her rocker but she made Ice Dance interesting !.

20. rustyskater

rustyskater Member

I think IK had the free dance of the TEB competition and should have placed above VM. I think Olympic Silver is slipping away from the Canadians . . . not because of any reason other than other teams are simply catching up both technically and artistically.

21. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

Will either D/W or V/M stay around after the Olympics?.
    I know this sound harsh but I hope they don't. Not because I don't like watching them but no other couple has had any chance of major silver or gold for four years & I would like to see other couples shine.
    It's been an amazing four years but I would like something new now.
    C/L, I/K, W/P & B/S have worked so hard I would really love to seem them fighting for Gold.

22. taz'smum

taz'smum Active Member

None of them will be fighting for gold, as Cizeron's name is already on the that medal ;)

23. ComplimentsFrom

Ha, not hating on Pasha at all. I ****in' love Pasha.

24. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I've been catching up on all of the galas, and Nelli and Alexander have already won the Best GP Gala Performance award. I could watch this on replay for hours!! Enjoy :)
    Skate Canada -Zombies!

25. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Eh, even Maxim Staviski said that there are not enough transitions and changes of hand holds in Ilinykh/Katsalapov's FD. Don't tell me that he said it because they are rivals of Bobrova/Soloviev whom he coaches together with Zhulin. Actually, he was quite supportive of I/K at Cup of China in that situation of them vs. Shibutanis. I am not an expert for sure, but I must agree with him in this case - and I am not the only one to say that. Besides, they really skate far apart from each other. There may not be a lot of choreography in V/M's current FD, but at least the connecting steps, changes of holds and the close skating are still very much present in it. So, I/K's FD in itself and also their execution of it can't be marked higher than V/M's FD, as the level of difficulty is still quite different even despite I/K's more spectacular lifts.

26. morqet

morqet Active Member

I/K said after TEB that they are planning to add more to the choreography of the FD before Russian Nationals. The aim on the GP was to get the elements down and performed as well as possible, and now they want to "fill in the gaps" in the program before the 2nd half of the season.

27. PashaFan

PashaFan Active Member

I just browsed the "Have Nathalie & Fabian lost too much ground" thread.
    I can't believe how many people are trashing them. Why ?. Okay, if you love W/P then support W/P don't trash other couples. I knew this would happen.
    One event when they lost a Silver by one point & over night their season is over !. It's so sad what people say.
    I love Fabian & Nathalie & really want them to win a medal in Sochi but that does not mean I'm going to slate W/P or C/L or the Shibs. Because I love ALL Ice Dance.
    Let's face it V/M did not skate their best at TEB either but does that mean their over ?. No !.
    I want this thread to be about enjoying Ice Dance & all couples.
    No hate please.

nuge and (deleted member) like this.
  28. girlscouse62

Can't wait to see W/P at CoR. Hope they do really well and make t to GPF. I really enjoyed P/B and thought they deserved to get silver. I think their overall skating skills superior to I/K

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  29. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Me too. And I hope for a good showing from G/P as well. Won't Nationals be a treat?

30. girlscouse62

I so wanted to go toCanNats this season, but too expensive to travel from BC :(