If you like both D/W & V/M but love other couples..........

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by PashaFan, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I dont think they did - We saw the gala live on TV and I didnt see them there. It could be they were replaced by the Reeds, or it could be they wanted an early start to France - their next GP is TEB and it's got to be rough on the body to go from Russia to Japan to France in 2 weeks.

I also liked their programs and if it went by what I enjoyed the most they would have been 2nd. I didnt like either the Shibs or C/L program very much. Hitchcock OTOH was outstanding. I would have put G/P in 3rd.

2. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

So I think that's the third year that they did not skate the NHK exhibition. I know Elena was unwell last year. She was crying after the free dance this time around (But maybe that was relief or something else). Shame, I would have loved to see them skate. I was looking forward to watching them & the Shibs (who skated really well) in the exhibition.

3. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

She was crying because that's what diva's do :glamor:but maybe because it was the first international outing of the programme she felt that they'd skated it really well :)I love to watch them they're as smooth as butter !

4. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I've been so excited to see I/K's programs, and I definitely wasn't let down! I just love them! I thought their SD was great - wonderful character of the dance, and music that I didn't have to mute. It was light and airy, and I expect it will get even better as their season progresses. The FD was great as well! (My 2nd fave, behind VM.) I love Elena's position in the straight line lift. It's exquisite. I also love how the positions and transitions in the second lift perfectly highlight the music. And there's this lovely section, inspired by the ballet. I wouldn't mind if they changed this (last) lift though. I think it's a bit busy and frantic and they could accomplish the dramatic ending with less fuss. But in the end, I think it's a great vehicle for them. Both have lovely lines and really sell it on the performance aspect. Good for them! :D

I think I/K should have placed ahead of the Shibs. While I love the Shibs and appreciate the quality of their skating, they're lacking that fizz/ passion/ drama (whatever one wants to call it) that really makes for a great ice dance program. Their FD is fun and cute, but those aren't really words that should describe a senior FD, IMO. I'm hoping for better programs for them next year, because I do enjoy them!

5. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

S/S They just don't have the x factor :D

6. Skating_Bridget

Skating_Bridget New Member

Yes! Their FD was truly beautiful. I think Tanith had some great commentary about this program on the Universal Sports coverage. She said something like: while it's not necessarily music one would normally select, their interpretation of it was just perfect--a real artistic innovation. And I totally agree. I couldn't take my eyes of the program and some of those lifts were just breathtaking!

7. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

They're overachievers then for a team that don't have whatever factor some people think they should have.

8. PashaFan

I really enjoy watching Shibs but I've never thought WOW when watching them. They play too safe for me. I/K lifts were amazing & I was shocked when they were placed 4th at NHK.
    The Shibs MJ medley could have been much more in your face instead it was just nice. I still liked it though.
    I loved watching Carron/Jones at COC. I thought the should have got higher marks but the judges never seem to go with them.

9. pani

pani Well-Known Member

For me its interesting to know, wich "Swan Lake" you, guys, love more - CJ ot IK?

10. PashaFan

I love them both for different reasons.
    I/K has the drama & lets face it, you can't take your eyes off her.
    C/J tells the story more. I think their free at COC was the best they had ever skated together.

11. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I like CJ Tango FD from last season. But this FD really improved since SA so will be interesting how they will skate at ECh.
    Elena is a reall Diva :) New Pasha ;)

12. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I missed group 1 of the NHK free dances on my broadcast, but there was a rerun this morning I happened to catch. I loved G/P's Hitchcock! That stationary rotational lift is amazing!! It's definitely going on my favorites list!

And is it just me or have the Reeds really improved? I remember their GP performances from last season, and these seem much better.

13. Mrs. P

Mrs. P Active Member

I agree, the Reeds have improved tremendously! They worked with Igor some this summer and I think his efforts are very apparent this season.

14. pani

pani Well-Known Member

GP FD - one of the best in this season if not the best. Cant wait to see it one more time.

15. girlscouse62

girlscouse62 Active Member

Just watched G/P FD and have to say how vastly improved Piper appears to be. Always have liked Paul. This FD shows such great originality and music most skaters wouldn't even try (or even think) to use. I do hope she gets her citizenship in time, because I do believe they can give P/I a run for the money. It is wonderful to know that V/M will leave behind a great group of young skaters. Super for Canada.

16. VIETgrlTerifa

What is the story of her citizenship?

17. Skating_Bridget

Skating_Bridget New Member

I think definitely C/J for me. I love the twist with their music. It adds an interesting element to the programs's choreography and I think if you're going to skate to something as traditional as "Swan Lake," you need to find a new way to approach which C/J do for me. On the other hand, I/K's program is admittedly stunning...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  18. PashaFan

It's going to be interesting to see how Nathalie & Fabian go at TEB this weekend. How close can they get to V/M ?. I know they have no chance of beating them but I would like to see a huge leap in their marks from COC.
    Also I/K are skating too. I really hope the judges go with them more than at NHK.

19. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

The judges can't do a thing if they don't hit their levels...

20. VIETgrlTerifa

I don't know how much further the judges can go with I/K though. They received pretty high PCS. It was their TES that killed them. The judges always seem to go with them, it's just the TES and levels that hold them back.

21. PashaFan

I wish they would leave their current coach. They need a fresh start.

22. Golightly

Golightly Well-Known Member

I'd love to see what Krylova could do with them.

23. PashaFan

It's what they need. It would be so good to see them go to her.

24. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I feel like I/K are going to go to Marina next year. Igor has lots of other top teams, but depending on VM and DW, she'll only have the Shibs. K&C will still have PI, HD, and WP. And Zhulin wouldn't take them back.

25. Golightly

I hope not. For years, I dreamed with seeing V-M and Krylova work together, it never happened. I think I-K are the most natural dancers after V-M, if only they showed more discipline. If Krylova took them, she'd make them work much harder.

ETA: Also, that would be a much more solid lineup than Canton. I mean, W-P, P-I, H-D AND I-K? That's would be dreamy.

26. PashaFan

I too feel that I/K are the most natural Ice Dancers after V/M but it's going wrong.
    W/P have worked really hard & it's paying off. I feel I/K need to do this too.

27. Golightly

Exactly. I feel I-K are much more superior technically, but they never bring it. They never skate to their potential, not even close to their potential. It is sad. They need a new coach who can challenge them and motivate them to take that extra step. I think Anjelika is that coach, what she is doing with her teams is remarkable.

Also, something tells me, the environment at that rink is much more relaxed than Canton.

28. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

I definitely wouldn't mind Krylova! I looove all of the K&C teams this year (which I can't say for any of the other coaches)! I just think Marina will be on the hunt for her next big team, and I/K are fabulous. Outside of the big two, none of her teams will be able to take on the Igor and K&C teams next quad. I actually think the K&C teams will take it, so maybe I/K will go there. (Also, I/K love VM so that probably gives her bonus points in their eyes. Who better to go to than the coach of your idols?)

29. Golightly

Actually, judging from Lena's latest interview, she just wants to be coached by her idols ;) But, yeah, you're probably right. I am not too sure I-K want to leave Morozov unfortunately.

30. Rafter

Rafter Well-Known Member

I wonder how the Shibutanis and their parents would feel about Marina taking on I/K?

Nothing would surprise me I see I/K going to Igors before Marina.