If you are scared of heights ...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Aussie Willy, May 7, 2010.

1. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  2. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

Looks nice :)
    I would go

3. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

I would go until I saw the parts that are missing.. then I'd turn right back around. Yikes!

4. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah I'd go up until I had to walk across a rail. Don't think I'd do that. Although if it's jumpable, I'd jump across.

5. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

I have nightmares with stuff like this :scream: I'm getting sweaty palms just to think about it :scream::scream::scream:

6. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

It looks like you can at least hook your harness to the rope on the side for a majority of the walk, but there are some places where it doesn't appear that you can. And of course those are the scariest places on the path! I also would not want to slip while hooked in, and then have to pull myself back up. :eek:

The scenery is stunning, though!

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

what amazes me is the person with the camera just saunters across those bars - I'm guessing he's done it a bunch of times. I can imagine doing it (especially with that handy thread attached to the rock to hold onto :lol: ), but not so smoothly.

Even if the trail was still whole, the idea of building that pathway so that workers could transport materials is just :eek:

beautiful scenery though and I bet it's just exhilarating being up there (if you're not busy cryin' for your momma, that is)

8. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

And cryin' for my momma I would be! Just looking at the video my heartrate went up and I was feeling dizzy.

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It's a good thing there is that video, because that's the only way I'm going to see it. No way am I walking across that bar when the road is out!

10. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

No flippin way !!!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

11. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

just watching the video makes me sick to my stomach. (or maybe that is the chicken I just ate....either way)

12. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Amazing to watch while sitting at a desk with one's feet rooted in stable ground. Those parts with the big gaps were terrifying!! I thought they must be carrying a plank with them, in some places there seemed only place for one foot.